Monday 18 June 2012

'Ain't no flies on me

Before school

It was Small's Track and Field Event today at another school. He should have taken joggers or shorts, hat, sunscreen, water bottle etc. except I forgot and he went to school in jeans! I got a call from the school saying they were leaving in five minutes and could I bring some shorts as he was too hot! Damn, I was thirty minutes drive away in the middle of a shopping mall. Poor Small. I was in trouble when he got home. However, he did win two ribbons. A third place for throwing a baseball and a fourth place for a relay race.

Moo and I had a very leisurely breakfast, followed by lots of fly swatting in the basement, followed by tying pieces of thistle to the bird feeder in order to stop the chipmunks eating the bird food.

Naughty chipmunks climbing the hanger to get to the food! I gave them a good telling off.

Small's plant flowering - its lovely.

We went off to the pharmacy to get some papers printed in order to claim back some money we paid out for some prescriptions earlier in the year. While we were there Moo had a wine tasting session! Before 11am. Ummmmm, and she is supposed to be the sensible one! Ha! We then drove to the Mall. Had a good look around, had a coffee and a scone, bought some shorts for the boys and Moo a couple of tops. I got a union jack one in the sale!

Moo answering her emails in the coffee shop. Who sends postcards these days?

We came home, checked the flies. There were more!!! So I went and bought some fly papers and we popped them in the basement. We noticed that the thistles had wilted in the sun and the bird seed had been eaten a lot. Damn those pesky chipmunks.

We sat outside and skyped Badminton Babe (Moo's friend) who was sitting wrapped n a cardi vpnecause Uk is soooo cold. Mrs Royal came round to remind us it was Garden Club tonight. We are walking down with her later. I went and asked our neighbour if she could help us open up the pool. She came over straight away and told us we had to fill it first. Add a couple of buckets of chlorine (which we have to buy), then Attach the pump (except the pump was missing). She suggested I rang a place to get them to come out and open the pool and to check everything was in working order. This will probably cost a bit but at least we will not be indebted to the previous owner. I have since found the pump in the basement with the flies!

I set up the sprinker to let the boys cool off but they broke it. Then they played golf with Moo supervising. They lost the ball. They had dinner outside and watched TV.

Huffle came home and wished he'd stayed at work when I told him the sprinkler had broken there were more flies, the chipmunk was eating the bird seed, we lost a golf ball, we hadn't made any dinner because it was too hot, we had to pay for a pool man to open the pool, I think that was it, oh yes and there was a pipe leaking. He is ever so pleased!

We have to remember, we are in a new house, in a new country, with new people. We haven't been here a year yet! There are still things we need to learn. We must keep telling ourselves this.

 

MOO's bite count - 5 Mosquitos, however, we are walking to the garden club in a moment past the fields and will be walking back this evening. Bet she gets more!!

 

1 comment:

Unknown said...

You should know huffle would def not b pleased if he was having to pay for something else!! V sunny here and quite warm but rain back Thursday. Should b playing my first golf this afternoon but not sure if I will, too much to do in last one half weeks b4 I leave. Can't wait. Unc pear still trying to get time off to go to Devon with everyone, that will double the noise levels if he does and drive grandma nuts!