Saturday 2 June 2012

Magical Mystery Tour

It rained all through the night. The drive is littered with leaves and small branches. The drainpipe on the barn has holes in it so the water just poured onto the garden and drowned a couple of plants and the gutter on the house is blocked with leaves (and probably a few dead animals - only joking, I hope) and the water just poured onto the patio filling the trug I put there within minutes!

Today it was a cool, cloudy day, with a little bit of rain and then early evening sunshine. Just enough for Huffle and I to sit on the porch.

Smallest had been colouring before we got up - look at the state of his hands!

Small is going to perform some magic for the Jubilee party, so we got all the magic sets out (we have a few) and practised some tricks.

Huffle and the Money printer
Small and the cups trick

Smallest and the coin disappearing trick

We skyped Grandma and practised some on her and when Huffle and I realised we couldn't make the children disappear we decided to get ready and go out.

Our local artist was having an exhibition this weekend and we went to have a look. Her work is amazing. Unfortunately too expensive for us but I had my eye on a gorgeous pig painting for $1,300. I can't believe Huffle didn't just buy it for me there and then!

We went for a 'Daddy Mystery Tour' which took us to Lake Simcoe (many miles away). We drove around the lake for a while (very big, impossible to drive all the way round) and finally stopped at a British Pub for some dinner. It was very nice.

Lake Simcoe from the car as we were driving

I made Huffle stop so I could take photos. I had to climb down a steep set of stairs (at which point I noticed the Private sign - whoops).

Private steps
Lovely lake
There were islands in the middle called Snake Island and Fox Island

The boys pudding came with Chocolate sauce smiley faces. They were very happy themselves.

We drove around the lake some more and stopped at a park. The boys had some sillies to play out!!!

"Oh no Small put me down, I'm too high"

"No you put me down"

" Come through here"

We stopped at a small beach but we were supposed to pay for the car park and we couldn't find where to pay so we left.
on our way home we spotted some highland cattle. The boys talked all the way home (lots of nonsense very loudly, but at least they weren't fighting!). They made a mess in the car so when we got back one picked up the rubbish and the other wiped the dash board etc.

They played with their Lego while Huffle and I baked a Victoria Sponge and English Scones. Canadian Scones will be made tomorrow morning as they are better very fresh!

The boys made some sugarcraft decorations for a chocolate cake I made for them to take to the party. Will show fully tomorrow.

Smallest has gone to bed with bad tummy ache. Hopefully a good night's sleep will make him better.

 

 

1 comment:

Everett said...

Happy Jubilee. XXXXX