Tuesday 12 June 2012

Is Smog Black?

It rained from about 7pm last night, all through the night and most of today. Last night it was so heavy and loud it kept Huffle and I awake till gone 1am. The boys had trouble getting to sleep because it was too hot. Smallest woke up feeling sleepy and with a couple of Mosquito bites (he thought it was chicken pox).

Smallest and I went food shopping and bought lots. He was very good and helpful. He said he was tired and waited at the end of the aisles for me towards the end. He was feeding from the grapes box as we went round (for energy). He chose the ice cream (it was on offer - he is his father's son!). While we were shopping we had a Skype call from HB and one from The DotDots. We said we would ring when we got home.

We came home, put the shopping away. Smallest chatted to HB, Aunt and Unc Pear. Silly Aunt Pear read the blog yesterday and thought that the reason my legs were black was because the smog stuck to them. He he he he he - that's funny. I was working hard at the garden centre, I was hot and sweaty and the soil was sticking to my legs (among other things!). smog pphhhhhhhh! Smallest had a long talk with them all. HB had her last but one exam today and it went well. Her last one tomorrow is one she is more confident about. C'mon Clever Girl, you can do it!

HB's nails.

We spoke to Moo after, she has one more sleep and then she will be here. she travels at 9am tomorrow and gets here at 12. WOW just a two hour flight from UK to Canada - I wish! (add in the five hour time difference!). Both boys are at school tomorrow (well Smallest is at the Zoo) so I will be picking her up from the airport by myself, waving my flag and holding up my banner (it might be an invisible one this time, one that only Mother and Daughter can see!).

Last night Small said he was excited about Moo coming. I asked why (thinking he would mention chocolate!) and he said, well we haven't seen her for five months, normally it's only five days! Ahhh that's nice.

Smallest had a bath, played on the computer (not at the same time) and then we played Disney Monopoly. He plays by himself now. We played the normal game this time (normally we deal out all the properties and houses and start from there), he did really well. Then Small came home and joined in too. We abandoned it after an hour and the boys played together.

Huffle came home early because he is out tomorrow night after work. We all had dinner together. The rain stopped, the sun peaked out, it got really hot and sticky again, then we had a storm, then it cooled down. Now it is really really blustery. The trees are bending right over! Please be a nice quiet night. I want to sleep for at least eight hours!

I am off to see the lady I met at the Jubilee party tomorrow after the boys have gone to school. She is going to give me tips on how to handle Smallest's rages! (I'll let you know Yahoo!). I have to say he has been controlling his anger much better. Since the last outburst we haven't had any huge tantrums. If he starts one, he almost checks himself and then goes off and calms down. That's good! He is having trouble doing as he is told but I am just telling him what I want him to do and then walking away. Telling him the consequence of not doing it but leaving him to it. Eventually he gets there and I don't have to get mad!



 

No comments: