Wednesday 13 June 2012

Moo is here yay!

This morning I had a shower, got the boys and mine breakfast, got dressed, they got dressed, we were all a bit later than normal (don't know why). Then it was time to get their shoes on and get the bus. I forgot to do their lunch. So they had to get on the bus and I had to make their lunch and drive to school, run across the playing fields, find them (I couldn't remember what they were wearing!) and give them their lunch bags.

Then I drove back and went to see the lady I met who was going to give me tips on how to deal with Smallest. I had a nice chat to start with. Then it all went a bit .................... I can't talk about it, I can't write about it, I really don't want to think about it. Enough said!

I bumped into Mrs Royal on the way back, she could tell I was upset and was lovely. She gave me a huge bunch of Peonies (so it would look and smell nice for Moo) and a big lettuce.

The peonies smell amazing. Beautiful.

I then drove to the airport. Moo's plane was delayed by an hour but the arrival time was 12:30 (they gained half an hour somewhere). The traffic was bad but I made it there in under an hour. Parked, walked to the terminal, checked she had landed, looked around, couldn't see her so went to the loo. When I walked outside she was waiting there. Had been there for ten minutes. She got through customs really quickly and her bags were waiting there when she got off. We hugged and got in the car chattering all the way home.

In fact, we chatted so much I said "I don't ever remember seeing this bridge before!" it was then I realised the road I wanted was on the left and I was still on the express way, with no way of getting across. We had to come off at the next exit. Who knows where we went but we got on the right road eventually and arrived home.

Moo started to empty her bags of goodies.

Union Jack Wellies, moisturiser, foot cream, beans, soups, mushy peas, honey, sweets, lots of chocolate, more chocolate and then even more chocolate, clothes for the boys, Union Jack beakers, Pringles, bag, Jaffa cakes, digestives, chocolate digestives, seeds.......... So much more stuff, we are very lucky. I think I need to take her shopping now to buy her some clothes for the next five weeks!

Look at all my Mollie Makes Magazines - wahoooooooo. The boys had some new books too and Smallest got his Halloween bucket that we left!

We went and sat with Mrs Royal and had a pot of tea under the parasol and waited for the boys to come home.

 

They sat and had a drink under the shade of the big tree........

 

And then climbed it.

 

They had a good chimp around, played Hide and Seek and tickle me if you get me with Moo. Drew came over for a quick chat and we came back for dinner.

"what is that big yellow thing in the sky that's making me warm called again?"
"who is poking me"

We had dinner outside and then all ran around the garden. The boys watched a bit of TV whilst Moo and I sat on the front porch catching the last of the sun. Moo and Smallest did the crossword and read a book. By the time it was bedtime, both boys were shattered.

Smallest said of his zoo trip "my favourite part of the day was lunch and the killer fish!".

Smallest brought a form home for me to sign. It was to authorise him to go on a Track Meet trip to another school. There is a clause at the end you have to sign to say that the school takes no responsibility "do not provide accidental death, dismemberment or medical expenses insurance on behalf of students participating in these activities". Great. That's nice. We are supposed to take out insurance in case the school kills, or dismembers them. I read it to Moo and she said "you wouldn't have a leg to stand on" - no not if they've dismembered them ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha!!!!

Huffle is on a two day strategy meeting with a meal in between, he will be back very late tonight. He has already text me to say he has NOT had a good day. Oh Dear!

 

 

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Sunshine looks great, moo will hv wonderful time, enjoy hving her there and supporting you. The boys will lov it. Hope th lady's wrds hv made sense, albeit it it might have brought some feelings to the fore perhaps but sometimes you hv to go backwards b4 u cn go 4wd. you will all get there u know. HB shattered she thinks she has done ok but left something out of sociology paper she thinks will Affect mark so alittle stressed. Her brain fried but now time to relax. We taking grandma and unc grump with us 2nite to celebrate end f exams , we will mss u but may Skye o u can b at table. Enough of my ramblngs, hv lovely day. Xx

HB said...

Spoke to my teacher and she said it shouldn't effect my grade as I wrote the A grade info and missed out a bit of basic info. But she said it should be good. Hope you are ok and have a good time with moo. Deserve a break HB xxx

Brenda B said...

God I can't believe all the stuff Moo brought you, she can't have had ANY room in that case for clothes!! Glad she's there with you and can help with the boys for a while. There might be some truth in what Aunt Pear is saying about going backwards before going forwards. Think over whatever it is the lady said for a couple of days, maybe talk it all over with Moo or Mrs Royal and then see where to go from there.

Hugs
Brenda

famfa said...

Wish it was as simple as feelings etc but boy wish I'd never gone!!!! Am enjoying having moo here already. Just someone else here. Never relaxed so much even for one day. Lovely. Hb will be fine I'm sure. Stressing won't help her now. Enjoy meal. Am with you in spirit xx

famfa said...

Good sounds okay. Now no more stressing. Relax and chill. Enjoy meal. Xx

famfa said...

We are very lucky, If not fat or will be!!!!! Wish I'd never seen lady as Has put things in my head that I don't need or want at the moment ! Thanks for your concern. Much appreciated x