Sunday 10 June 2012

New place for ice cream and New Bed!

Huffle got up early and sat outside on the porch all by himself watching the wildlife and listening to the birds, before the cars started coming past!

The boys got up at normal time and watched TV.

I got up at about 8:45 - luxury.

After breakfast we spent the morning cleaning windows, cleaning porch doors and window frames, mopping lounge, mopping kitchen, by which time we were fed up, hot and tired, so we all got ready and went to find a new place to have an ice cream. We drove to Brooklin and found a nice little ice-cream shop and all had a scoop.

We sat under the shade of some lovely trees in a small park area. The ice cream was good but mine and Huffle's tasted of banana because banana flavour was in the same cabinet and it overwhelmed everything. Shame, it spoilt it!

There was a lovely tree with bear carvings on it. Very clever.

We walked along the street for a while but it was too hot so we got back in the car and drove aimlessly until we realised we were better off going home. We had lunch in the shade. The boys skyped Grandma until Grandad rang her. Huffle and I actually got some peace while they skyped. It was like Grandma was babysitting.

Huffle strimmed and cleared and I started making our new flower bed on the front.

Once I had cut the shape (I was aiming for a kidney shape but ended up with more of a heart ( oh I do like heart shapes). I got a big blister which burst and then ripped. Ouch. I removed the edge of the grass and then Huffle came and helped me. We covered the grass with cardboard and Huffle filled five wheelbarrows full of soil from the very bottom of the back garden to the front of the front garden. Phew. I helped a bit but he did most of it. We got bitten loads by Mosquitos whilst working. It was very hot. The temperature got to 29*, don't know what the humidity was today. the boys played on the computer.

Once we had filled the bed with soil we asked the boys to place the plants where they thought they would look best.

They were very helpful. They also planted some bulbs.

We tidied up, came in, all got showered and then had fish finger sandwiches in front of the TV. Smallest said "is this all we are having for dinner?" I said yes and he said "brilliant!"

Bedtime for the boys. All beds had to be made because we had washed all bedding today. Stories, tickles, giggles and snores.

Huffle and I are still very warm. All windows and doors are open. Small's fan is on. Smallest came down and said he was 'bored and hot and the only place he could sleep was on the floor' so we said "okay, we'll put you back in bed when we come up"

Just watching Italy v Spain.

 

 

 

 

2 comments:

Unknown said...

One of my fav things about Canada is t they hv lots of icecream parlours there seems to be one nearly everywhere you go. Seems like good day. by the way, unc pear liked the basketball purchase from the sale the other day he impressed with huffle's skills, at least I think that's what he said!

famfa said...

I guess it's so hot they have to have ice cream parlours. He's not seen my net balling skills! X