Monday 11 June 2012

Poopy Mooostache

Last night we had a message from Mr Gator informing us of another TV programme we 'needed' to see. The Call of the Wildman. Unfortunately we do not subscribe to the channel that this is on but we managed to catch some of the episodes on YouTube. OMG, the Wildman is hilarious. He was brought up 'wild' and is an expert Snapper Turtle catcher. He doesn't kill them, he rescues them, kisses them, and does lots of yahoooooo's. He dives into the dirtiest water ever to catch the things. He also catches Racoon, mice, groundhogs. Very very good. Might need to subscribe so we can watch it properly. Thank you Mr Gator.

Huffle and I have so many bites from yesterday. I even have one right next to my nipple (did you need to know that?). Bloody Hell! What do they want to go in there for? They've been up my shorts now and in my bra, in my socks and in my hair. I actually found out today that Mosquitos do not like Vitamin B1 so if we take Vitamin B tablets daily, they will leave us alone! I am willing to give it a try.

Smallest came in to me this morning to see if he could get up. He could! Then he came back in and asked if I knew where he pens were! I didn't. He sat in his bedroom and drew and coloured his Pop Gun. It was really good. The colours were exact - I think he's got some proper talent. He also drew a King Monster.

The boys had their breakfast. Smallest refused to clear his pots away and ran upstairs saying he wouldn't get changed. I told him I would put him on the bus in whatever he was wearing. He said he didn't care but within ten minutes he was washed and changed and watching Small on the computer.

When they came down to get their sun scream on Smallest said "well look at me, I am matching all over, and I put my socks inside out on purpose so they would match even better!". He wore a cream collared tee-shirt, cream shorts, cream socks. When we were outside waiting for the bus I said "have you got any pants on?". He started to pull down his shorts and I said "not out here, I believe you!". I wondered if they matched too - they didn't. That reminds me of when Small was about five maybe a bit younger and he was wriggling around. I asked him if he had ants in his pants and he instantly pulled his pants down to look - we were in a public place as well! What a pair!

It was very very hot and humid today with Smog warnings. It was a low visibility day and a low air quality day. Shame I didn't hear the warnings as I went off to work and worked and worked and worked. I was black all over. I bought back a couple of geraniums and two lettuces. They have an amazing vegetable garden there. a potage. I must take a photo next time I go.

Nice!

The rest of me was similar. When I got in I went straight to the shower. All clean now. It was just too hot to do anything. I really should have gone shopping but I couldn't. I had lunch and pottered around a bit with the laundry etc but then sat on the porch and crocheted.

The boys came home and sat with me. We talked about school and they had ice poles. We played a couple of card games and then I got their dinner. Too hot to cook again but don't have anything in as I should have gone shopping (oh yeah I said!). Huffle texted to say he was going to be late. I made our dinner while the boys ate theirs.

When Huffle got home Smallest and I were watering the plants.

Smallest sporting his 'Christopher Biggins on safari' look as Huffle calls it!

"it's a bit heavy"

"now it's really heavy"
Lovely watering!

We put the boys to bed and then the rain came down. Really really came down. Rivers running down the road. But boy, it feels fresher already. Think there is a storm on the way. Bit ropey now for the rest of today and tomorrow and then by the time Moo comes it will have settled down to 'nice'. Good.

England v France - drew 1-1. Huffle is happy with that.

Two months of rain fell in the UK in 24 hours. Wow. That's a rubbish Summer. I saw photos of beach huts floating in the sea the other day!

(pictures courtesy of Telegraph)

 

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Didn't realise smog left black bits around, the things u learn. gruesome picture though! Not sure about smallest 'cream' day but do like huffle' s name for him. Nice to hear from mr gator hope they ok, Madame c goes soon doesn't she? It will b nice or them all to spend time together.