Friday 1 June 2012

There's a Corgi under your cloak Ma'am!

Last night (when it was dark) we suddenly remember we hadn't brought the bird feeder in. So I chose to go our. Huffle watched my back in case anything came out at me. I ran across the grass (I swear I heard something growling at me), grabbed the feeder and ran inside like a scared little girl.

We were woken by Smallest in the night (an accident!), Huffle and I rushed into action and we were just settling back to bed when he came in again complaining that it was too dark. I went and put his little fish lights on and got back into bed. Not long after, the hall light came on, someone went to the toilet and the the lights went off again. After speaking to the boys, neither of them got up. So that'll be those damn pixies again, at least they turned the lights off!!

Huffle hobbled to work, boys ran to the school bus. It rained all last night and all day. Temperatures of 10*. I had to wear boots, jeans and a waterproof coat. It seems the Uk are having similar weather too. And it is their Jubilee weekend too, hopefully it will be better tomorrow.

Jubilee picture (from Telegraph)

We saw a cheeky chipmunk trying to get in (luckily the doors were closed this time).

I braved the rainy windy day and drove to a retail park to pick up a few bits for my cooking for Sunday's party. I went into Canadian Tire to pick something up for Huffle. While I was there I asked Mirriam Margoyles whether they had Runner Beans here as I wanted to grow some from seed. She said "what are you saying dear?". "R U N N E R B E A N S, not haricot, but runner. Flattish, green, have seeds in but you eat them whole" I said in a very English way! She shouted to a colleague "do we have any Runer Beans?". "No RUNNER not Runer" I said. "Oh I heard something different" said Mirriam! I was ushered to the garden centre bit but I couldn't find any. Moo if you are reading this can you get me a packet please?

I got us all a crown to wear for the party, posted a card, and came home. I had a message from Grandma so I Skyped her and Cousins D and E who showed me their jubilee hats.

Cousin D had just made a lovely crown

 

And Cousin E was sporting a beautiful Union Jack hairband. Grandma was making paper aeroplanes.

I had lunch, tidied up and cleaned a bit and then got on with my sugarcrafting. This is what I made.....

I apologise to the Queen for making her dumpy but most of my figures end up this way (including mine he he he).

When the boys came they wanted to try on their crowns.

We had a couple of games of Monopoly Deal and then the boys played on the computer while I got their dinner. Huffle hobbled home early and we had dinner too.

It is still raining - bucket loads - in fact I have just been out there to mend the toy box, rescue the screen that fell out of the loft window last night and put the chairs back in the barn as they had flown across the garden. YUK it's horrible out there. I am soaked to the skin!

We are about to settle down (all of us) to watch Mr Magoriums Magic Emporium (again) before the kids go to bed.


P.s. I have changed the settings on this blog so that only people with a Google Account can comment. This is to help eliminate all the spam I receive. Please do let me know if this causes you a problem. It is very easy to create a google account. If you need help, let me know. I love to read comments and I would hate to lose comments just because Of those annoying spam'ers!

 

2 comments:

Mary Ann Tate said...

Every time I hear the term spam I think of Monty Python.....Spam Spam Spam Spam......I wonder if this comment will go into your spam folder?...hee hee

Brenda B said...

Try looking for seeds of Pole Beans instead of the runner beans, seems to be the same thing in US, I plant Kentucky Pole Beans. Hopefully this will post as I'm not sure I can remember my Google ID!

Hugs
Brenda