Friday 20 January 2017

3 miles in the kitchen

I had the best lie-in this morning. I woke up before 8am but just snoozed on and off until just after 9am. Lovely. The silly boys were waiting for me to have breakfast with them. Huffle started work at the kitchen table, then moved to the computer room when we joined him and then into the loft when Small joined him.

Today Small had an essay to do on Marine animals in captivity. He worked very hard on it. Smallest and I played two games of chess. One stalemate again and one I won without even realising. Smallest and I then decided we would go out and do a quick shop. He was my handy pick up man and I dodged all the silly people in our way. I left my debit card in the car and had to leave Smallest behind with the shopping half scanned while I got it. He was a very helpful young man and very good company too. We laughed a lot.

Back home he helped me to put away with Huffle's help too. Small came down for lunch with us (Huffle had to disappear back in the loft) and we watched a bit more of Toystory2. Small carried on with his essay while Smallest and I played Mastermind and StackEmUp. I did washing and drying and left Smallest playing on his tablet. I put the bread machine on to make some pizza dough and then thanks to JacknJill I did my first 3mile walk video in the kitchen. I knew I wouldn't get my walk in today with the kids at home so I thought I would give it a go. It was excellent and increased my steps and my heart rate and I felt like I did a good workout. https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=wuDp6v_oL34.

Small finished his essay and rewarded his hard work with playing on the XBox with Smallest after they finished laughing at me 'walking'. I watched a Great Interior Design Challenge and then made a start on dinner when Huffle finished working. Between us we made Personal Calzones and we all sat and watched Ninja Warrior UK.

I've had a lovely day with the boys home today, though mainly it's been Smallest because Small has been hidden away on the computer working on his essay which was really good.

The boys like to shut themselves in the corner cupboards. Silly b*ggers
Small thought I had stopped taking photos of him but I caught him in the act

 

1 comment:

Sarah Tomson said...

Walk walk walk! Glad you enjoyed I've been doing it most of the week when it's miserable outside and sometimes manage to fit in the happy walk too! Xx