Friday 27 January 2017

Are you an optimist?

No early sports practices to get to today so the boys left for the school bus together after a good play on their tablets. Small dropped his IPad today and cracked the screen (argggghhhh).

I had a call yesterday saying that Small was being given a Character Award in morning assembly. Huffle couldn't make it as he was busy, so I went along by myself. He didn't know he was getting an award but he guessed once he saw me walking through the playground. His award was for teamwork and was voted for by his classmates. He shared the award with one of friends - Bogie.

The assembly was short today, thank goodness, and I was out of there by 9:40 so I popped home to finish my coffee before heading out again for my knitting group. I was supposed to be meeting Suffolk there but she got waylaid. I managed to start a heel on my sock but learned I had to undo part of it so abondoned it. A couple of the ladies asked if I would do a crochet class and I agreed - we are starting on Monday. Originally it was just two ladies at one of their houses, but later another one asked to join too. I now have to work out how much to charge and what to do as they want regular weekly sessions. I think we'll see how the first one goes before we start planning too much. I am now doubting myself and my abilities!!!!!

I did meet up with Suffolk for lunch and I had an Orange, Carrot and Ginger Soup which was very gingery. We did a bit of window shopping and ended up in the Quilting shop where I picked up a pattern and some material for a project (can't say any more yet).

I came home and watched the Leicester City game and undid my knitting until the kids came home. I made dinner and hurriedly ate mine. Tonight I went out with Suffolk to a Wine, Women and Wellness evening. We paid $15 for the ticket and it certainly wasn't worth it. Neither of us could drink (I was driving and she can't drink at the moment). The food was minimal (fruit sticks, popcorn, tiny bits of pizza, minuscule cup cakes). There were ten vendors ranging from a gymnastics school doing aerial hoop displays, a massage therapist offering 5 minute mini massages, an essential oils diffuser seller selling $150 diffuser packs, a running club giving 25% off shoes tomorrow only, a stall giving vitamin B12 injections there and then and a couple more. The room was really small and there were only so many times we could walk around. We were expecting demonstrations and talks but you had to literally walk up to the stall and ask questions. It was rubbish quite frankly. Suffolk (who is very British and doesn't normally say boo to a goose) asked if we could take our wine home (it was in a can). They ummed and ahhhed and said yes if we put it in our bags and didn't make a big thing of it, so at least we got our wine for later. We stayed for about an hour and half which was impressive all things considered, mainly because one of the volunteers was a friend of ours and we got to chat to her (though she was the one that talked us into going!). I stopped at Suffolks for a cup of tea and finally came home.

Both boys were in bed though I got to see Small before he fell asleep.

 

1 comment:

Unknown said...

WELL DONE SMALL. THE BEST AWARDS AE THOSE YIUR CLASSMATES VOTE FOR. 🎉🎈😊👏xxx