Wednesday 18 January 2017

More ice, more cancellations

Small woke me early and once again I got lunches ready while the boys got themselves together. I took Smallest to school for his 8am basketball practice and we bundled in his Dodgeball kit for the tournament and Snowboard stuff for Ski Club later. However, there had been a freeze on top of the melt yesterday so everywhere was covered in a film of ice. I dropped him at school and met the Secretary who told me there would be no Ski Club and no Dodgeball either (I should have driven the kids there today for their tournament which was postponed from yesterday).

I brought his Snowboard bag home and parked towards the end of the drive thinking it would be safer to walk close to the grass (or where the grass is when it's not under four foot of snow) but I couldn't move or get a grip and for every step I moved forward, I slipped backwards two more steps. It was very frustrating but Huffle was still in bed and Smallest was inside with the blinds shut. I was almost in tears because it was just impossible! Once inside I found out the bus was officially cancelled and I had two phone calls saying Ski Club was cancelled and then a call later from Small officially telling me Dodgeball was cancelled but on for tomorrow if I could drive. (I can but I had to cancel other things!).

I drove Smallest to school and sat in ExerciseNic's drive catching up on emails, Facebook, etc until she turned up. Today I gave out my lemon curd, though one of the ladies wasn't there so I delivered it on my way Home. It was tough today as I didn't get much sleep last night and I feel exhausted physically and mentally, from all the cancelled clubs and rescheduling etc. Still, we did well and I'm glad I went. So glad in fact that I signed myself up for another session on Mondays. I may regret this ha!

At home I facetimed Moo while Huffle went out and renewed his Health Card. All news caught up on, I had a shower and then lunch with Huffle when he returned.

This afternoon I tidied the loft. It was a huge mess from Christmas present wrapping but it is all ship-shape finally. While I was up there I listened to my music very loudly and Facetimed HB. It was nice catching up with her. Recently we have had lots of silly snapchats but not proper talking. Unfortunately I lost the wifi signal in the middle of our call but the boys snapchatted with her when they got home.

I jigsawed until it was time to pick the kids up and I drove again, which they were pleased about. Homework was done, dinner was eaten and Smallest and I played a game of Chess and he beat me (the little stinker).

I took Smallest to football practice tonight to give Huffle a break as he has been very busy working this week and I feel like I have mainly sat on my big bum waiting for things to happen that have been cancelled or postponed. This evening, our fired coach appeared to be coaching the team and the newly appointed coach was texting on his phone and asking fired coach what to do next!!!!! Interesting. At the end of the game, fired coach called me over and said he had been approached by another club (and here I am unclear as to whether he has been approached to Coach or just bring his child and others from our team). He said he would call Huffle to discuss as I thought the club he mentioned was a little to far for us to travel to several times a week. He also gave Smallest and Small an indoor football ball (with a tennis ball coating) - maybe we are being "buttered up".

 

No comments: