Friday 13 January 2017

Someone brought in something for the pigs in the play*

Just as the snow was disappearing (not the huge dirty piles of it on the side of the road) it started to snow again. Huge big flakes that didn't turn into much really though it was very cold today.

After the boys went to school, on the bus, I got myself together and went off to knitting. There were seven of us including ShopKeeperEl. It was sad (one of the ladies has had huge illness in her family), funny (always funny because we are all very humorous) and helpful because Mim helped me start a new sock. Two coffees later and a part of a sock done, Suffolk and I went off for lunch and some more chatting. We had a little look around a few shops and left because it was too cold.

At home I got on with the jigsaw waiting for the kids to come home. The boys helped me to finish it and we were very disappointed to find there was a piece missing (of a brand new Christmas present jigsaw too, though to be fair it was probably us that lost it). The kids did a chore, there was a bit of piano practice and then they played on the XBox. I warmed up dinner (the weeks leftovers yum yum) and Huffle and I moved around the furniture in the living room (whilst looking for the missing jigsaw piece).

This was a hard one, bought for Smallest too difficult for him. He started it and ended it and did a few in the middle.

After dinner all the boys played a game on their tablets and I started our Christmas Jigsaw with Huffle's help later.

 

*something Smallest was saying to me. He couldn't finish his sentence because we were laughing too much. Turns out he is doing a French Play, Trois Petits Cochons, 3 little pigs, and someone had brought in snouts made from egg cartons painted pink. It took a long time for him to get this story out though.

 

No comments: