Monday 23 January 2017

New try out

Small woke me. I didn't sleep very well and neither did Huffle. Not sure why. It was cold in our room but warm too, which makes no sense. I sorted the kids and waved them off to school on the bus, had a quick breakfast and got myself ready.

This morning I met up with Suffolk in Port Perry and we had a nice cup of tea and a wander around the shops. We didn't have too long because we both had something to get to at lunchtime. I went to Tim Hortons (not a place I go to too often but I was in a hurry) and I thought about going through the drive through but chickened out. I have never ever been through a drive through (apart from the time I tried to drive through it backwards to get to another shop). I ate my bagel on the way home with three different lit signals in my car. 4WD, VSC, Check Engine. Huffle checked when I got back and it meant that I had a fault and needed to take it to the garage.

I took it to book it in on my way to my new exercise class and it will be looked at on Wednesday morning. It felt weird going to a class in the middle of the day and when I got there it was just me and ExerciseNic. She made it fun and we did a kind of circuit using the treadmill as well. It was much harder than my Wednesday class with the seniors and I certainly worked hard. I will definitely feel it tomorrow.

At home I showered, watched Call the Midwife and then made a Carrot and Tomato Soup. The boys came home fighting over who should shut the back gate. I told them if it broke because the wind got hold of it then I would make them both pay for a new one. Small stomped around saying it wasn't him who came through last and Smallest laughed saying he came through first. In the end Small begrudgingly shut it and stomped around a bit before eating his yoghurt (that he never eats at school) and going off to do his homework.

Smallest helped me make cheesey scones for dinner to go with the soup and then both did their piano when MrsPiano came. Both boys are sounding really good and have new songs to learn.

This evening we left Small at home and took Smallest to a new football club for a try-out. He did well and worked very hard but said he liked it. The Coach will let us know by email. It was about 35 minutes drive away which is further away but in a nice dome with plenty of space. We'll see what happens. We didn't get home until 8:45pm so Smallest was in bed late by the time he'd had his shower. We have said he doesn't have to go to football practice tomorrow if he is too tired. He also scraped his arm falling.

 

No comments: