Wednesday 11 January 2017

BIgJob

The bus was cancelled again this morning but instead of walking them in again (yesterday I did 18,000 steps), I got my aerobics stuff on and drove them to school and then on to ExerciseNics where I sat and did the rubicks cube (can now do it without any instructions - not as quick as Small but still), drank my coffee and listened to the radio.

Ski-club was also cancelled (the first one for Small this year and he had all his stuff ready which was part of the reason we drove in - too much to carry and walk) which was a shame but on top of the rain we had freezing rain and so everything was like an ice rink. I managed to salt the drive a little bit and then bought some more when I went shopping and salted the rest of the drive and paths. It was treacherous.

Aerobics was interesting today as ExerciseNic randomly chose different exercises from a pile she had written on. It meant we did a lot of getting our mat, lying down and doing one thing and then getting rid of the mat and standing up and doing something else. So we did lots of standing, sitting, lying as well as the different weights, cardio, floor work etc. I already ache from all the walking yesterday and my sore back from the bottle sorting so tomorrow I am really going to feel it. Fun though.

I had my shower and finished my coffee and then went out and did a food shop. It was really busy and I had to start eating some Pringles while I waited to pay for my shopping. Back home, I salted the drive more, left the shopping on the floor and had lunch.

Early afternoon we had a couple of emails about football. One saying that the assistant Coach we had (who I thought was sacked too) had decided to take the Coach position (we think after being talked to by old Coach) and that there was a practice tonight with MrSchmooze and the boys were to wear their yellow kit (arrrrggghhhh, the one that was sat on the laundry room floor waiting to be washed). I washed half of it and then made a start on dinner as we needed to be out early.

I made Cottages Pies and went and picked the boys up from school. They were pleased they weren't walking today. At home they put the shopping away for me as a chore, practiced piano, wrote a letter each and played on the XBox.

Today Huffle went in to the office and didn't come home until 5pm. We had dinner early and left Small home with the XBox and took Smallest to football practice. Everyone was there except the new coach's son who is still on holiday. There was a lot of talk about last night's meeting but most people are just happy the boys are playing again. There was no sign of CoachOlDHead so I'm guessing he has been told to keep a low profile for a while, and so he should! OldCoach was trying to sound Huffle out about leaving at the end of the season, which is what we wanted to do anyway, but we said we would see what happens between now and then and see what Smallest wants to do.

 

No comments: