Monday 30 January 2017

Clip On Cheese

I was rudely awoken at 7:45am by Smallest who was very apologetic because he had forgotten me. I didn't sleep well last night, it was too hot, my mind was too full, I heard noises......

Small put on his newly ironed shirt and waited for Huffle to rise to put on his tie for him. Lunches were made and the boys played on their tablets until it was time to go. I waved them off from upstairs as I needed to get to early too.

Mr smart ready for his graduation photo

Today I taught my first crochet lessons to three ladies from knitting. Bernard, Miche and Mims. I took everything I have ever crocheted (and not given away) including baby blankets (crocheted by Grandma too when Small was born), toys and hats. Just to show them what could be crocheted and what the different stitches looked like. We started with a basic chain and then I taught them to turn and complete rows. They were very excited and eager to learn. Mims knew how to crochet but needed a refresher and some direction. We all think she will have a complete blanket by next week. I started Miche off with a hat to continue whilst at work, plus her blanket and left Bernard with her starting blanket and a book of instructions. I had several texts saying how lovely it was and they can't wait for next week. Today was hosted by Bernard and next week will be at Mims. I was worried about nothing. It was excellent.

I managed to get home in time for a quick bite to eat with Huffle while we watched a small part of New Life in the Sun (BBC). Then I ran off to my Monday exercise class. I was the only one there again today. It was fun but hard and the hour flew by really quickly. She made me use a heavier weight today so I may not be able to lift my arms tomorrow! I have never been able to do press ups (push ups) so ExerciseNic has a plan to teach me. She makes me try one perfect one (or as close to) each time. I am doing better but am not there yet.

I came home showered, put away my crochet stuff and tidied up before the kids and MrsPiano arrived. Smallest came home with his Ukulele and played me a tune and taught me the notes too. I played it a bit but it's not easy on your fingers - now I know what he means. He brought home his French that he had marked which was a A- plus another one which was a B-. Considering he only started this term, he's doing really well. Small had homework and told us all about his photo which he said was ridiculous. All the different poses he had to do but he promised me that he tried to smile nicely. While Smallest was messing in the kitchen with his ball, he found a Christmas present for Small. At Christmas I always hide some of the kids presents to make them last longer. I never know where they are or how many are hidden so it's not a surprise that they turn up at odd times (though it IS nearly February). His present as a pair of joggers. Typical that we bought hima new pair this weekend!

MrsPiano came and Smallest started learning The Entertainer (one of my favourites). Small is going to learn House of the rising Sun when MrsPiano brings him the music next week.

We all had dinner and then we took Smallest to Cubs where they were Sledging and Skating at one of the leaders houses. Small stayed behind to finish his homework and Huffle and I went for a very cold walk around the Hamlet for 45 minutes until we picked up Smallest who had had lots of Sledging fun, a hot chocolate and got to hold the flag for the investiture.

 

No comments: