Tuesday 10 January 2017

Schmoozing with MrSchmooze

Neither Huffle nor I slept much last night. As we thought, our minds were going ten to the dozen regarding the football issues at the moment. Possibly because we stayed up too late writing questions we needed answers to. This evening we went to the meeting and were pleasantly surprised that none of the boys were there practising so all of the parents had made a stand. It restored my faith in people. More about the meeting at the end.

This morning the school bus was cancelled due to the weather which snowed during the night and for the rest of the day. I decided to walk the kids to school. It was very heavy and wet and my mascara ran all down my face! I left them at the school crossing and then walked to the fundraising organiser to pick up a cheque and then walked on to the Beer Store to give back the cheque to get amended. On the way I had a phone call from angel and we discussed at length what we we're going to do about the football meeting and practice. I then came home and had breakfast, a cup of coffee and watched Unforgotten. I had a shower, did some washing and drying and had lunch with Huffle.

This afternoon I made Butter Chicken and Lentil Dahl for dinner, lots of filling and emptying of the dishwasher. Later I walked back to school, handed in the cheque and picked up the boys. They had had a good day but were disappointed to be walking home. However we did walk. The snow was heavier and thicker and even wetter. My feet hurt too now!

The boys did a chore each, showered and put their clothes away before we had dinner together. Huffle and I rushed off to get to our football meeting leaving the kids playing on the XBox with strict instructions to call us at a certain time to check whether we were nearly home. Just a failsafe in case we had an accident or any problems getting home.

Football Meeting

Lots of Schmoozing from MrSchmooze and his two 'heavies' who were just coaches. Not many questions were answered and they said they would answer some of our questions after Thursday when the assistant Coach was back from his holiday. They were put under a lot of pressure when all of the parents vented their anger. Some of the parents who normally would not speak out, were very vocal. I think we all got our point strongly across about CoachOlDHead and from now on he will not be the boys coach. Not to say that he won't appear from time to time but he will definitely not be their coach. One of the parents asked if our Coach will ever be reappointed and they said at this point it was highly unlikely but not impossible.

Huffle managed to ruffle MrSchmooz's feathers once again and basically called him a liar to which he said he was disappointed afterwards. We were asked to come to practice tomorrow but I think we have all decided not to. MrSchmooze looked a broken man at the end. I think he was surprised by how strongly we all felt, especially about CoachOlDHead.

 

No comments: