Sunday 29 January 2017

Don't get shirty!

Smallest decided on a 'List Day' today and started writing the list while we were having breakfast. Everyone added something and we started with my new game I got for Christmas from Suffolk. She actually bought it for me because (a) she has it and she thought I would like it, (b) she knows I play games with the boys, (c) she thought we might be able to understand it and help her and family play it better........ it was quite a complicated game, based on Dungeons and Dragons but much simpler (apparently, I am not geeky enough to know THAT). The game took almost two hours and I have to say I was quite confused for most of that though I was winning at one point. Small won in the end, like all strategy games we play! By the time we finished it was in fact lunchtime so we chose to finish the Harry Potter film (this time without Huffle falling asleep) and eat our lunch too.

To get back some energy we payed a table tennis tournament in which Huffle won. Those boys are so good now, I actually have a bruise where Small hit the ball so hard and it hit my arm! Next we played MarioKart. Once again I lost terribly. I can never see the roads! I can't remember who won that but it was either Small or Huffle.

One of the games we got for Christmas was a card game called Wizard where you have to guess how many tricks you are going to get. Guess what? I'm not very good at that either. Huffle won.

On our list was iron Small's shirt for photo day and choose a tie. This was a perfect time to teach Small how to iron. Huffle and I have decided we will have our own version of Cubs/Scouts and call it SCOOTS and give them badges for new things learned. However, as Small was trying on his shirt, we realised Huffle had picked up the wrong size yesterday when exchanging it for one that didn't have marks on it. BUGG3R. Huffle and Small hurried out to the shop with minutes to spare before it closed. Smallest played on his tablet after helping me empty the dishwasher and I sorted out my crochet stuff for my first lesson tomorrow (EEEEK).

The shirt was ironed (partly by Small and finished by me) and a tie chosen which was a plain red one. We are hoping the photos are first thing so he can change later because we are not sure how smart he can stay, plus who wants to wear a tie all day!

The boys played on the XBox while Huffle FaceTimed Grandma and Grandad and I started dinner which we then ate whilst watching The Ninja Warrior UK and The Voice.

 

 

No comments: