Thursday 12 January 2017

Plant pods dream

The school bus was running, thank goodness and so I packed my little munchkins off with a lunch and a kiss and settled down for breakfast with nothing planned for the whole day. Of course I could have done countless jobs like washing, cleaning etc but that sounded far too boring, especially when I got a text from Suffolk. We arranged for me to go round there for a cuppa and a chat. It was nice to catch up as we haven't seen each other since before Christmas. We arranged a night out called Winter, Wine and Wellness where there are lots of different people letting us know about things to do during the Winter (including a circus school - oh yes, I did that years ago with SpanishChica, it was so much fun). We also decided to go back to knitting tomorrow and have lunch so that will be good and we are going to ski-school once a week.

I came home late lunchtime and had lunch and watched a bit of TV. Huffle worked from Small's room mainly today because the sump pump was working overtime with the melting snow and it's very noisy. This afternoon I prepared dinner for later and made a Chocolate Bundt Cake with Orange Icing and a Banana Loaf. The plan is to put half of them in the freezer in convenient slices so the kids have nice things for lunch and Huffle and I can have nice things when the kids go to bed (naughty).

When the boys came home, Smallest invited his friend over to play on the Wii (he did actually ask him round to play XBox but forgot it wasn't his to play on, so Small moved the Wii upstairs for them). I took his friend back before dinner and Huffle took Small to football this evening. He scored a goal and got angry with one of his teammates but managed to walk away.

Smallest and I did a bit of jigsaw and then watched Paddington.

 

1 comment:

Spanish Chica said...

OMG I'd forgotten about the circus school! It was great fun wasn't it!? Happy days .....