Saturday 4 March 2017

Five Crafting Goals

HAPPY BIRTHDAY GRANDAD

A lie-in wahoooo. More snow had fallen during the night and it was cold cold cold!

Silly snapchat Huffle Monkey

We spent the whole morning watching football on the TV. Stoke v Middlesbrough on the downstairs TV and Leicester v Hull upstairs. I did my knitting too and finished both heels. The household was happy with the two wins and we all slowly got ready to go out for dinner.

Huffle chose a new place today. I was a bit surprised by his choice as it was a big sports bar, with TV's at each table (far too big for the tables in my opinion) but at least we got to watch the end of the Liverpool Arsenal game plus play a game of Millionaires Monopoly. The food was okay, nothing spectacular but good enough.

Afterwards we popped to HomeDepot for picture hooks. I bought a load of frames all stuck together in the sale the other week. I stupidly decided to take them apart and have them as individual frames but this meant filling in holes and adding hooks to the backs in order to hang them. HomeDepot had nothing so we went to Michaels instead where we picked up some really cheap ones plus a new Rotary cutter for me for cutting my material.

The boys fought and argued in the car on the way home and we separated them once we got back. I attempted to sort out the picture hooks which, despite being cheap, were ridiculously hard to use. Huffle helped me and we bodged them on and got the photos hung. I think I like it. I had to paint a frame to make the photo fit in. In the meantime the boys got creative. Every Christmas I buy them a wooden letter to spell their names for their rooms and sometimes we decoupage them with comics to decorate them. Small decided with his last remaining three that he would paint them, and then we decoupage the last one with a Starwars magazine we found.

Smallest decided to zentangle his letter (I owe him one from last Christmas and then this Christmas coming he will get his last letter). They both did a fantastic job and it kept them from arguing for a couple of hours.

We watched the end of Fantastic Beasts and Where to find them. I really liked this film and I want to read the book. I'm not a fan of reading plays but we need it to add to our Harry Potter collection. We startedto watch Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire but we abondoned it at Smallest's bedtime.

Small watched his own TV for a while and Huffle and I watched Live By Night. Good film.

Last night I dreamed that I was going to have a baby very soon and Huffle was trying to get things ready. Also Grandma was going to have a baby around the same time. She wasn't ready at all and Grandad wanted to go to the pub. I was telling everyone not to panic as we could always call 999 (so we were in the UK then!). Ummm interesting. I looked it up and it means new beginnings or opportunities.

 

No comments: