Monday 19 December 2011

The day the tree fell down

Moo and I had another shopping spree after we dropped the kids off at school.  We also found a lovely coffee shop where we wrote emails and blogged.  This was our only proper sit down all day.

Coffee and Zucchini Muffin

We bought presents and a 2nd hand hand knitted blanket and lamp (which didn't work, pah got to take it back) and a teapot (that doesn't pour well) and a lovely milk jug.

Then we went in search of snow boots for Moo.  We nearly bought some and she was very good at posing with them..........
Funky!

"Ooh look at my hair"

We didn't buy them in the end.  While we were there we got a call from school saying that Small had got mud all over him and he wondered if I could bring him some new pants (trousers, or pants I asked - I didn't want to get it wrong!).

After I delivered his "pants" I noticed their new totem pole.


This was made by the children in the school (before my two started but it's good eh?)
It all means something but I can't remember what.

Moo and I put the shopping away and then decided to walk to school to pick the boys up, we knew they wouldn't be over the moon about walking but we were hoping they would be tired out and not be so manic when they got home.  
Moo and Smallest walking home
Small racing home

I need to get them on the school bus list so that they can get picked up and dropped off.  I'll sort it for next year, then they can make friends on the bus ("bet yer never smelt a real school bus before?")


We all raced to see who could get to the mailbox first (the pointer was up!).  Small got there but Smallest had to put the pointer down and shut the box.

When we got home, coats and kids and bags were in a heap on the floor and Moo shouts "help the tree has fallen over but no-one was near it!". The poor tree had fallen down, decorations everywhere, Moo on the floor trying to pick it up (it's heavy) and water everywhere (because she insists on watering it and feeding it).

We picked it up..............
Poor Fraser, he looks so sad



.............mopped up the water, rescued the lights and the decorations.  Tried to wedge some stones in the tree stand to sop it leaning and set to work redecorating it again.


Now does Moo look guilty (because she jumped at the tree to put the star on top and pulled it over?) or just surprised that I would take yet another photo of her without telling her?


It's great being in our own house but it still feels a bit unreal, like I'm housitting or just playing at house. There is so much room after being in the small house.  The boys run around it like they've been caged for ages and you can lose people (not for long)!  I'm sure it will all feel more like home once we get that damn container!!


No comments: