Friday 9 December 2011

Snow, snowman and footprints

After a tantrum from Smallest on the way to school and Small dropped off, Smallest and I came home, did some tidying and cleaning (I couldn't bear to go shopping again) watched the Bee Movie (again!), had lunch and then went out from about 1:30 and didn't come in again until 4:30pm.

It had snowed last night and was still snowing when we got up this morning.  
This was about 8:30am

This was about 9:30am


Only lightly but enough to build a snowman.

Roll up some snow.....

Roll it some more....


Stick KP's hat on it, some stones, a scarf

And then go for a walk...........  (this blog Post is a little picture heavy today but that is because everywhere looked so pretty with the snow on it and it cheered me up because I was fed-up today!!!!)
Christmas trees laden with snow - just lovely.

So many trees

Smallest has just found the stream

This way.....

Remember this tree?

More Christmas trees - makes me want to put a bauble on it

Smallest thought this was a den.

If you look really closely you may be able to see the snowman

Smallest decided where he wanted to go (this is one of his '3 walks')


Come on mummy, catch up

I told him to sit on the tree trunk (he said "I didn't know trees could trump!")

I was hiding again.  I like hiding in those trees, he said he could see me.

Love this (Huffle says "nice photo but.........) pah what does he know!
Liked this tree

We found these prints and followed them for ages (raccoon, bear?)


Then while Smallest had another tantrum, I made the snowman look less dirty and fluffed him up with fresh snow and added a carrot.

Ahhh that's better


We picked up Small from school and they used their shovels (a present from the Burlington Bertie's - thank you, kept them amused for ages), and cleared snow, made a half snowman (they got bored), threw snow at each other (till I banned them when a shovel nearly hit Smallest) and played shovel each other!!

They were clearing the tennis courts (KP wil be pleased)


Are they being nice to each other?


KP came round this evening - she had bought us a packet of Jaffa Cakes from the English Store.  Ahh bless her and she lent us some speakers.  Hurrah we have music again.

Oh yes, and Huffle is home.  YEAH!










5 comments:

Mary Ann Tate said...

I can't get over how much snow you have. We have none. You didn't say if Huffle liked Cod Tongues:) They are not too bad breaded I guess. A very good Newfie friend...long departed...said that when she was a kid her and her brothers would wait for the cod fleets to come in. They were allowed to take the "tongues" from the discarded heads. They used to sell them to get money to go to the cinema etc. Now there aren't the schools of cod that were before and the tongues have become quite expensive I believe.

Anonymous said...

Have you received my parcel yet? Or my letter?

famfa said...

You haven't said who you are but no I don't think so.

Anonymous said...

Oh sorry it's me yahoo! Xx

famfa said...

No I haven't got any letter or parcel from you. Hopefully soon xxx