Friday 2 December 2011

Four Car Family (for one day only)

Huffle got back late last night after his Christmas Party.  Loud music, buffet, lots of mingling - not his thing but he has to do it.  He is the Boss!  I had to sit and watch TV.  Oh My, I know I said we had the basic package, but it felt like when we only had the five channels at home (at least I didn't have to keep getting up to change the channels - does that make me sound old?).  And you just get into a programme and the adverts come on and thenthenorgramme comes back on and then the adverts again - how many adverts do you need over here?  I might have to take advice from one of my readers Brenda - she said it was rubbish, she has an alternative.

We had a snowy start to the day but it's all gone now.  

We all went off to school this morning.  Only four days there and already I have to go into the teachers to tell them the boys have head lice - (yes small has them too now) - great.  I can just hear them now talking in the staff room - those damn English kids with their nitty hairs!  They were really good about it - well they have to be don't they - did we bring them with us, or did we pick them up here?  Who knows!

Once we had talked to the relevant teachers and said goodbye to the boys, Huffle and I went off to buy his car.  We bought it off 'Matthew' who operates from a small yellow shed on the side of the road.  Rickety steps lead to his shed, paperwork is minimal, he wipes the snow off the windscreen for us and sends us on our way.  Very quick but adequate.  He has decided to call his car Thomas (has to be said as if talking to the cat in Tom & Jerry - you know, by the woman with the mop who you only ever see her legs).  Then we both drive back home to drop one car off and go and buy my car.

This time at a dealership, very slick, lots of paperwork, lots of handshakes, lots of coffee, cake on hand.  My car has been valeted inside and out and smells lovely.  We sit in a warm office and go through all the relevant paperwork, sign, date.  Check car.  I have my Winter tyres (tires) on.  Have a tour of the car to find out exactly what button does what, and I'm on my way.  Smallest wants to call my car Bill but I'm not sure yet.  Number plate is BMZF (Big Momma Zips Fast?).
Huffle went off to work.

Smallest had a concert this afternoon with his class.   



He had to sing lots of songs and do Actions.  Considering he's only been there for three days, he did really well. 

The teacher at the end said "we have a new student called "Smallest" and his Mum is over there called "Famfa" go and introduce yourselves as they are new to the neighbourhood".  Lots of people came to speak to me and one even offered to cook for us when we move into our house (before the container comes).  Met lots of people again, can't remember any names unfortunately, all nice, all friendly, all helpful.


the boys admiring my new dog car


We have a busy day tomorrow.  Two cars to take back to the airport - we thought we might be able to drop the cars off somewhere local but we can't.  Santa parade.  Clothes to buy for the boys - Small has decided to grow - can you believe it?  Pizza making and eating with our neighbours.


This evening's sunset








1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Famfa you have your Rav4, and very nice! All sound good, upbeat and busy.

Everett xxx