Monday 12 December 2011

Bugs away

Had a lovely conversation with the Head Teacher this morning and had to stand by and watch her do a nit check on the boys.  They were free of bugs but she has to check the rest of Small's class in case 
someone in there is passing them back to him.

I have spent all day washing hats, gloves, coats, hoods, pillow cases, bedding, PJ's, towels, flannels - basically anything that might have been In contact with Small's head - EVER!  (Thanks Mary Ann - good idea).

There are hats and socks draping and drying...........

Old and Loved toys drip drying on the chairs and radiators.......

Poor Smelly

Fresh new bedding on each bed.......

Even new Airbeds so the boys don't have to share a bed, however, they don't fit next to each other so Smallest will have to sleep in the lounge once Huffle and I have gone to bed (he is easily moved and won't wake up).

At least there is somewhere to put the rocking chair now.



Toys and things that can't be washed are now in airtight bags for 48 hours!!!


oh boy - it's only for a few more days - we move in soon enough.

Met another nice lady today, friend of KP's.  They went shopping together today and KP bought me a present (a hot glue gun - hurrah, a glue gun of my own, there is no stopping me now).

Had a Skype from Moo, giving me details of flight number and arrival times.  Spoke to Small's teacher and she has agreed I can take him out of school half an hour earlier so she hasn't got to sit and wait for an hour at the airport.  Hopefully we can turn up in time to see her come out of arrivals.  I might get the boys to make a sign to welcome her. He he, she would like that!

Last week we bought a new blender as we didn't bring ours with us or even ship it.  Anyway, I thought I would make a lovely healthy soup (carrot and tomato) - gotta beat the tomato soups we have tried here so far.

I put the soup in the blender and started to whizz it.  When it was smooth I undid the blender from the base - oh oh - I undid the wrong bit.  Wish I had taken a picture as the mess was everywhere.  A big pile of liquidy carrotty tomato mess.  Maaaaaan!

The soup was yummy though, luckily I always make enough for twelvety people so I still had lots left.  Small loved it.  Smallest ate it with the promise of ice cream for afters.


Huffle went to Oshawa this afternoon to have a look at an Antique Table, Chairs, China Cabinet and Buffet Cabinet.  He bought it.  We have also found two men 'n' a van.  They can also deliver on the Friday.  Wahooo.

All we need now are some comfy things to sit on.  Smallest and I are on a mission to look for big cushions or beanbags to tomorrow.

We just settled the boys down to watch a bit of TV before bed.  Imagine our surprise when Bob the Builder came on with a Canadian accent.  What would Neil Morrisey think of that?  I don't know why I found this so strange, we are in Canada after all but why can't Bob have his normal voice?  Wouldn't they understand it here?.

Huffle tried to sort out our TV package for when we move.  We decided to use Bell!  We had to register our preferences online and Huffle rang them to see if we could sort this today, however they need 48 hours for the registration to appear on their system.  Huffle argued with them that they were supposed to be a communications company and yet they're having trouble communicating with him becuase their sytems are too slow!?!?!?  We're wondering if Rogers might be a better option!
















1 comment:

Mary Ann Tate said...

Ah...the joys of motherhood:) It will be hard to get rid of the little blighters if some other mum isn't being careful.