Saturday 10 December 2011

Not More Shopping!!

It was a shopping day today unfortunately.  The kids weren't happy but I said that if we don't buy these things, we don't have anything to sleep on or in when we move.  

We took Huffle's car back to "Matthew" today because he can't open the boot (trunk).  Matthew squirted half a can of WD40 (or equivalent) onto the lock.  Poked it with a screwdriver, squirted a bit more of the can and sent us on our way.  We went 1 minute round the corner to the bank and while I was in there, Huffle tried it again.  Hey, it didn't work.  So we went back again.  Matthew then finished the can off, poked it again with a screwdriver, told Huffle not to press the handle too hard and sent us on our way again.  It works now but we are not it convinced it will forever!


We got stuff for the cars, stuff for the house.  We've re-kitted Small out as he seems to have grown in the short time we have been here!  Both boys now have indoor shoes for school.

We had a look at Bulk Barn - lots of tubs of stuff that you put into bags and it got weighed at the end.  Loads of baking stuff, food colours, icing sugars, candles - stuff that I can definitely use if I start to make my cakes again.  There was a machine there that had honey running from a tap.  Honey on tap - my dream.  It was hard to stop the boys from sticking their fingers under the tap and into the tubs.  They got to choose some sweets.  Small chose M&M's but said they weren't as good as he thought.  Smallest had choc buttons with sprinkles on - he was very happy with them.

We even had a look in Dollarama and the kids bought some tat!

Smallest wearing a croc mask?!

Then we went to CostCo and got our card and picked up some food.  We all had lots of samples of things again in there.  Boys had a feast.

Far too much shopping for anyone.  

Boys are in bed, shattered.  

Huffle and I are lounging in front of the TV with a Veg Lasagne.  Forgot the alcohol.  maaaaan!

We have a new member of the household today.  His name is Bob.  Say hello to Bob.  We don't know what he is but he posed for this picture so beautifully.



P.s.  I have had a couple of messages regarding Cods Tongue.  Mary Ann has left me a comment explaining more about Cod Tongue.  She said "They are not too bad breaded I guess. A very good Newfie friend...long departed...said that when she was a kid her and her brothers would wait for the cod fleets to come in. They were allowed to take the "tongues" from the discarded heads. They used to sell them to get money to go to the cinema etc. Now there aren't the schools of cod that were before and the tongues have become quite expensive I believe".   Huffle said "not as bad as it sounds.  Slightly rubbery, mostly fishy, I don't think it is something you would definitely have again!  It was a starter".  He had Newfoundland Cod for his main and it was "Jolly Nice".  
Pic from Internet - Huffle says his looked a bit better than this.


Hope that clears that one up.




3 comments:

Mary Ann Tate said...

I have no idea what that bug is...eeek! At first I thought it was a stink bug which would not be a good thing. They like to hibernate in houses in the winter and are impossible to get rid of and they stink. They are infesting certain parts of the USA and are apparently moving into Canada. I think it is just a little beetle that found a warm spot. But, to be on the safe side put it outside:)

Anonymous said...

Wow - Bulk barn sounds fab, think I'd love it there. As for cods tongue I may sound very ignorant but I can't get my head round that. You wouldn't even get me to try it and I'm a great believer in trying everything before making a judgement. Think it's the word "tongue"puts me off - yuk! Well done huffle ;-) Can't sleep Famfa so as always thanks for your blog. Makes me smile especially thinking about all the shopping your doing... Got your Xmas decoration out. (the angel you bought me, remember) all ready to hang on our tree to tomorrow. Going to read the Daily Mail now that should send me to sleep! Loads love Yahoo xx

Anonymous said...

Can't quite tell from the photo but the little bug looks like either a Box Elder Bug if it has red across it's back, or a Squash Bug if it's brown with brown stripes around it's wing cases. They're harmless, just looking for somewhere warm to hibernate. Outside the Squash Bug will eat pumpkins and squashes, hence it's name, so it's a garden pest, but nothing more than that. The Box Elder Bug seems to have no real purpose in life at all!!

Hugs
Brenda