Tuesday 20 December 2011

Get lost Gingerbread

Moo walked Small to school while I made gingerbread for our annual christmas gingerbread house.  I don't have my recipe box or my scales so it was a bit difficult but the stuff got made in the end.  I got a present today too from Moo, an apron with a union jack on.  Hurray.  Thanks Moo.

While it cooled we decided to go to the wholesale place to get supplies for Christmas (no we haven't finished doing this yet!).  However, Moo was in charge of navigating and we went wrong in the first 2 minutes, in fact we went completely in the wrong direction.  She did redeem herself later though by finding our way back with a map and no GPS - well done the Moo.

We stopped off at KP's on the way and picked up a package from my wonderful friend Yahoo.  KP showed him how to bump down the stairs.
We haven't opened the package yet, we have put it under the tree for Christmas day.  Can't wait.  Thanks Yahoo.

We didn't do very well with the shopping and had a late lunch. So late in fact that I had to drop Moo and Smallest off at the school to fetch Small while I went to another supermarket and got the things we didn't manage to get first time round.

Small went to play at a friends house after school so Moo and Smallest had to walk back on their own.  Then they played until I got back.  I went to pick up Small and met his friends Mum who was very nice and gave us some advice about the recent raccoon trouble we have been having.  

The night before last, the raccoons had got into our compost bin, ravaged the bags and scattered the remains around the garden.  I cleared it up, rebagged the stuff and put the lid on securely.  Then the next night it happened again, so I did the same but this time I put the compost bin in the Three Seasons Room.  This morning, the door had been scratched open, the bin was knocked over and the contents strewn about the room.  Arrrgggghhhh.  It's all cleared up now and the bin is in the basement.  Surely it will be safe there?????

School for the boys tomorrow, Moo and I are going shopping but for ourselves and in a browsy way!  I.e. slowly, calmly, nicely.  We'll see, no doubt we will be stressed and tired and out of time by the end of school.

I had a request from Huffle today to get some photos of the barn for insurance purposes so here is one I took earlier.  Not very exciting but a barn none the less.  I would love to do something with it but I guess we won't go out there much until Spring or Summer.

We are convinced there is a bear living in there as the doors keep being left open.  Ahhhh Bear, he just wants to play.......


3 comments:

Mary Ann Tate said...

We have racoons all the time too. They are very good with those little hands and are very smart. My hubby stopped them getting into our bin with bungee cords during the summer. They don't bother so much with them then because they can find other food but in the winter he puts the bin in the garage with the bungee cords still on them. Racoons are very cute but such pests.

Anonymous said...

Glad the parcel's arrived although please don't be too excited, it wasn't really meant as a Christmas pressie more of a "just for now" parcel. Mind you I think you"ll all enjoy.

Who would have thought this time last year you'd be complaining about raccoons being pest!!

Love to all

Yahoo xx

Anonymous said...

Yep, racoons are very cute but as they're so darn smart they can be a pest at times, hope you get them sorted out! Loving all the new house pics, excited for you for the container arriving and seeing you make it your own! Oh, and Moo with the mailbox, we're been here 17 1/2 years and I still love getting the mail from the box!!

Hugs
Brenda