Thursday 30 July 2015

Are we still on a diet?

Ahhhhh I love my bed, my big comfy bed, and the windows with their blinds which cut out the sunlight mostly, which means I can sleep in until 8pm and the fact we have doors in between rooms and walls that reach the ceiling and we can't hear Smallest squirrelling in his bed at 6:30am. The kids got up sometime after 7am and watched Rataouille on DVD as they have lost the Apple TV remote. This in the one remote that always gets lost. Why is it so small and thin?

Huffle got up to start work but also decided to try and hose the wasp's nest as he noticed that when he knocked it down last night, he only knocked it onto a piece of wood, which means they are still in it and buzzing around it. Then he ran away again but this time pulled his hamstring. Honestly, someone needs to tell that man that he is not 22 anymore. He thinks he can still run 100m as fast as an Olympic woman (that's one of his stories he likes to tell).

The boys and I had a slow start to the day followed by an extensive food shop where we stocked up on lots of fresh fruit and veg etc. On our last day on holiday I told the kids that we would be going on a healthy diet as we had been lacking fruit and veg for the last ten days. While we were eating dinner, Smallest asked "are we still on a diet?". Silly thing, we only started it today and it's not really a diet, it's just getting back to a healthy routine. The kids were super helpful whilst shopping, running to get various things for me and then they helped me to unpack and put away back home.

We also popped to the library and got Small a new book (that's his third this Summer Holiday so far) and I got a book recommended by Yahoo (Elizabeth is missing). That's my third one too!

The pool is now a cloudy turquoise and needs more chemicals adding - though the kids won't go in it until the wasps nest is gone. I mowed the grass and cleared the veggie garden a bit. It was far too hot for gardening today, that's why I didn't go to MrsRoyals.

The boys and I played Disney Monopoly and then they played on their tablets while I made dinner. After dinner Smallest and Huffle went to football (Huffle did not play or kick a ball) and Small and I went to Small's football.

Huffle knocked down the wasps nest - I can confirm it is now on the floor!

 

No comments: