Monday 6 July 2015

Feeling Hot Hot Hot!

I somehow persuaded the boys to come for a forest walk with me and we met up with NoCustard and did just over an hours walk. It was very hot and humid (29*). In the lovely shaded parts there were many many mosquitoes that bothered and bit us. Still, it was a lovely walk. The boys did well and said they enjoyed it but they were very quiet and didn't do their normal running around until the end when we had a game of tic.

Once we got home though we went straight into the pool. Small was very subdued and a little grumpy today and I knew he wasn't quite right, especially when him and Smallest got in a scuffle and he decided to go to his room for some 'alone time'. I think the heat got too much for him. Before he went off, we tried to teach Smallest how to play Cluedo (strangely called Clue here in Canada) but unfortunately Smallest didn't get it at all and ended up giving in. He doesn't like the game! Small and I played a game and he won.

Smallest and I swam a bit, played catch and then played a few games of Mastermind until it was time for me to make dinner. Smallest cleared the pool stuff away and then helped me to peel potatoes and carrots. He then left me to have a shower and cool down. He has had too much sun today too - he has quite red cheeks!

Small came and helped me too and made a cheese sauce and mashed some potatoes. We had Shepherd Pies, Cauli Cheese and veg. Small had a headache and Smallest had a tummy ache. Both aches mysteriously disappeared when we allowed them tablet time.

I too have had too much sun and have a few pink areas. Oh no - here come the comments from complete strangers asking if I have been in the sun and got burnt and don't I know how dangerous it is not to wear suncream, blah blah blah.

 

 

5 comments:

Mrs Rumbleskins said...

Ahhhh yes... The ole 'natural complexion'. Even my daughter keeps asking me why my face is red and its winter here!

Mrs Rumbleskins said...

Ahhhh yes... The ole 'natural complexion'. Even my daughter keeps asking me why my face is red and its winter here!

Corinne said...

Smallest has changed soo much .... Boys both look like little angels 😊

Shouldn't Moo be with you by now?

Love Corinne xxx

famfa said...

Hate it - wish I knew what it was, not that it would stop people. Funny thing is, today I did look like I caught the sun for once and no-one said a thing xx

famfa said...

He is changing, filling out and up. Almost as tall as me OH NO!. They might look like angels but they can be very devilish.

Moo isn't coming this summer boooooo xx