Friday 3 July 2015

Christmas in July

Huffle and I didn't get up until just before 9am this morning (that's naughty). No-one wanted to do anything today so we stayed in our PJ's for most of the morning. Small's foot looked okay and clean although he said it was sore (understandably) and walked mainly on his tiptoes for the rest of the day.

The boys played a bit of football in the garden and tidied a few things away and then played on their tablets and the Wii. I did a few loads of washing, tidying, sweeping and a small bit of gardening.

Due to the fact that I have recently been buying Baked Beans (it seems every time I go shopping I buy a couple of tins - I don't know why, we have far too many) we had Beans on Toast for lunch. We don't think we have had this since we have been here - it was good. Huffle and Small eat Canadian Beans and Smallest and I always have either British Style Beans or imported Heinz ones (we are bean snobs!).

After lunch Huffle went back to work and the boys and I made RIce Krispie Christmas Trees. Small had a packet for Christmas from Cog as a Secret Santa gift and when we cleared the pantry out earlier this week, we came across them. They are out of date in September this year so we had to make them. They were incredibly difficult to make due to the fact that the marshmallows wouldn't melt and the rice krispies went all over the cooker and they didn't really squish well together without sticking to fingers, spoons etc. still we ended up with three Christmas trees (we didn't use the awful green powder that came with it and the decorations were horrid).

We FaceTimed Grandma and the boys played some piano for her while she sang (oh dear, cheese time). The boys and I had an ice cream on the porch and FaceTimed Moo. Small and I planted some seeds in the veggie garden after Huffle and I secured the Peas and put up a climbing structure. Small also planted some wildflower seeds near compost corner and watered the veg.

Huffle made dinner for us tonight. We had Turkey Burgers/Mushrooms, Salad, Jacket Potatoes and Corn on the cob. Very nice - I could get used to him cooking.

 

 

No comments: