Tuesday 21 July 2015

Bernard Stone*

Yesterday I appeared to get a bite from something on the beach. It was a tiny pin prick of a mark which had a slight reddish swelling circling around it approximately 2". It was very painful at the time (like many stings or needles on my side) but gradually went away. Last night it was sore and swollen so I applied Aloe Vera. This morning it has the same tiny mark in the centre but the swelling has reddened more and is a very hot 2"x4" oval. I put Aloe Vera gel on it and took an antihistamine. It is itchy and hot and I don't know what it is!!!! Both boys red bits are now looking much better and have been healed by the Aloe overnight.

I have mentioned before that we have a family of Geoffrey's (meaning those that like to say 'actually' a lot and reiterate a point possibly more than it needs to be), well now we have started the Geoffrey Points system. If a person is appearing to make a 'Geoffrey' comment, the rest of the family gets to vote if that person needs a Geoffrey point awarded (3 votes is needed). The person with the most points at the end of the day is officially awarded the GEOFFREY OF THE DAY. Just writing this down seems a particularly Geoffrey thing to do (shhhh don't tell the rest of the family). Huffle was yesterday's Geoffrey. P.s. It is not our intention to hurt or offend any actual Geoffreys during this process.

It was another lazy morning of tablet playing, croissant eating, Catan playing (Huffle won) and the boys favourite pastime - applying suncream whilst watching Netflix. Huffle, of course, researched the best places to eat for dinner and ice creams and we slowly got ourselves organised and ready for another afternoon on the beach.

Today we visited Forest and went to The Old Haus Tea Room and Cafe. It was fabulous. I had a lovely Spinach Salad with egg and a Poppy Seed dressing and a Veggie Quesadilla - excellent. Small and Huffle had an Italian Wedding Soup which was very nice and different, followed by Leek Spinach Bacon Quiche for Huffle which came with a rather nice cheese scone that he saved for me for later. Small had a Salami and Brie Panini and Smallest had a Beef Melt Panini. It was the best meal we have had here by far. The lady who owned it was very nice too.

Seagull, camp, heart stone found by Huffle for me, waves

We went on to the beach (same one) and pitched our stuff pretty much where we were the first time with plans to continue our sand castle but we ran out of time. We didn't get on there until around 3pm again but today the lake was wavy so we took our body boards in and tried to surf. I'm rubbish at it and only managed it a couple of times when I went in later (plus my bottoms kept falling down). Smallest was by far the best, being the lightest (and a cheater so says Small) but everyone really enjoyed themselves.

Dude - extreme!

Out of the waves we played Jackers (Boules) mainly, relaxed and read our books, played football and Did a small Harry Potter Quiz.

Shadows, footprints, sun setting
This is the house I mentioned a few days ago where the tractor man ploughed the sand! Beautiful house and guest house. I could live there (but not if the tractor man lived there).

Much later on we walked to the ice cream shop, this time Huffle and Small went and then Smallest and I went. We all had Heath Bar which was a Vanilla Ice cream which small bits of chocolate and skor bits (dime bar). Very nice. After some more frolicking in the waves, we had our tea, watching the sun set. Silly boy Small decided to throw a chocolate chip into the air and a hundred (I'm sure I am not exaggerating) seagulls flew into the air and one of them poo'd on my towel which was on my lap! A quick last game of football before we packed everything away and came back to the cottage. I stopped to see the sunset first.

Football and walking
Sunset, think my camera got sun blindness!

The boys went to bed, the towels were washed, showers were had and Huffle and I got a bit of peace, the cheese scone and a cup of tea. Another lovely day.

 

*I wanted to know what the ice cream place was called so I could put a review on Trip Advisor (we always use it and it works so we like to contribute too), as we went by I tried to read the sign. It was in italics and I thought it said Bernard Stone. It was, in fact, General Store!

 

No comments: