Friday 31 July 2015

Wasp-be-gone

So it seems that the wasp nest wasn't quite on the floor, the half that landed on the piece of wood that Huffle thought he had knocked down, was in fact just moved further down the wood. Ahhhhhhhh. Huffle's hamstring is still bad and he is really struggling with it.

Another slow morning and we actually decided to go to the cinema this afternoon to see Pixels until I felt a bit wobbly. I think I have a form of hay fever as my eyes run, I get a headache and feel all stuffed up and sick but then it all just disappears - strange, but the cinema was the last place I felt like going. The kids were fine about it and had plenty of time on their tablets, watching TV, plus Smallest and I got to play Snakes and Ladders and Ludo. Small, Smallest and I played Monopoly Deal and Niagara and after evening dinner, we all played Catan.

I did lots of small jobs around the house and then an hour or so of weeding plus sorting the pool out as it is still quite cloudy. Damn thing, takes ages to sort out after being off for ten days!

Huffle knocked down the nest again - he says it is definitely down now but I can't confirm it as I haven't looked. Hopefully, that is he end of it. Why is nothing ever simple for us?

Early evening it rained really heavily for about ten minutes and then stopped. We should be getting more rain tomorrow. Our soil is like baked clay! C'mon rain. The good thing is that it has cooled down a bit and we have managed to turn the air conditioning off and open all the windows. Ahhhh that's better. The air con makes me all stuffed up in the night.

Don't have anything to take photos of at the moment but I did see this lovely shadow in the house earlier. I think it is the dried hydrangea heads sitting on top of the cabinet.

 

No comments: