Wednesday 8 July 2015

Money Earners

The kids and I went off to work again this morning before 9am (we left Huffle working this time). We started by checking out the garden we made last week. Most of the squash seeds were up, some of the climbers were climbing and the salvias were starting to flower. Success. We wandered around the garden checking out what Jeff had done at the weekend and seeing what we needed to do. The boys started by doing a quick weed, showing MrsM their seedlings and then started their mammoth job of emptying pots for pennies. They ended up clearing 204 and MrsM gave them a dollar each - they were very happy with their earnings. They also got to cut some arugula flowers, pick strawberries and watch a hummingbird in the greenhouse. They want to go back next week too. Jan made White Chocolate Chunk Chocolate Cookies. The boys each brought back a succulent tree cutting and I brought four ferns, some bamboo and a hosta that I dug out of the path.

The workers working hard

Lunch was eaten in front of the TV for the kids and Huffle and I sat on the porch and watched a bit of The Syndicate on the IPad until he went back to work. I left the boys playing on their tablets in Small's room while I did a grocery shop. It was nice taking my time and not worrying about getting back for the school bus. When I got back the kids were playing on the Wii but they stopped to help me unload and put away the food. Unfortunately Baby Jesus, Otto's daughter had a seizure and had to go to hospital. Huffle said Paramedics, Ambulance and Fire Brigade were all outside, lights flashing. I popped round to see MrsOtto and she said all vitals were good and she was hoping to bring her home later today.

I had a quick five minutes on the porch and then made dinner. I made a Lentil Tikka Masala which was delicious and we had popodoms which the kids hadn't had before. Everyone liked the Lentil dish and the popadoms and I attempted to make a Mint Sauce for the Mint yoghurt until I realised I didn't have any plain yoghurt! Smallest and Huffle had a Butter Chicken.

While I was sitting on the porch I watched he little yellow finches

After dinner we all played Catan Seafarers. Small won.

We noticed last night that a film that was on at the cinema recently is now on Netflix. Over here the film was called Underdog but it appears that on the UK it was called Unbeatables. It also has different voices here than the UK. How bizarre. Now of course, we might have to watch both of them just to see which is better.

While I was in our garden today, I felt a piercing needle like thing sticking in my knee. I was obviously bitten or stung but I don't know by what. I had a tiny pin prick hole and put some Germalene on it and it became slightly raised and then almost disappeared. Strange. Hope my leg doesn't drop off in the night!

 

 

No comments: