Thursday 16 July 2015

Hello Mr Pilky

Some days I struggle to think of a blog title. Mostly it begins from something I heard or more possibly something the kids have said that has made me laugh. Today I had three titles. 1. Last night we were watching the end of 'Don't tell the Bride' and the groom said "and for my Pierre De Resistance" which was reminiscent of DelBoy's odd pigeon French quotes. 2. We then watched a "seven days with..." And it was 80's Pop singer Sinnitta. She was making eggs and got the egg yolks from one carton and the whites from a different carton. REALLY. I know some people don't cook, but honestly! Hence, "don't put all your eggs in one carton". 3. At the pool today I was taking a video of the boys playing in the water and they were arguing (NO!) Smallest was asking for one of the rings and Small was sitting in all three. He ended the argument by doing a 'Double Dolphin'. We sped up the video and we heard him saying in a chipmunk type voice "double dolphin" - it made us laugh a lot and all arguments were forgotten. Anyway, I thought I would explain the process of Blog Titling. At the time of writing this, I still have no idea which one to use or whether a new one will be found before I get to the end.

So, today....... I had another terrible nights sleep and many many dreams. One of which I was in an open top sports car - very nice. I was still deaf when I woke up and the boys and I got up and ready for a couple of hours at MrsRoyals garden until she met us on our drive and asked if I would be very disappointed if we didn't garden today. I was disappointed I had gotten up earlier than I needed to but relieved I didn't have to garden and could go to the doctors instead.

I left the kids at home doing some more of their packing and playing on their Tablets. I got to the doctors and found just three other people ahead of me. This is unusual as it is part of the hospital and normally very very busy. I got seen by a nurse quite quickly who said she would plug my ear (I have no idea if that is what it is called here or I just didn't hear her). The doctor was nice (she was very surprised that my surgery wouldn't do ear syringing and even more surprised when she heard that they refer to ENT) and said she would try to do both ears despite the fact I hadn't oiled the other one. The nurse then came back and syringed both ears, showing me what had come out which is disgusting and I really don't care as long as it is clear but it is something they all do, whatever country you are in. What a relief to finally hear in both ears. I think they have been bad since Moo was here last in the Winter. Naughty Famfa! All the way home I was noticing sounds I hadn't heard for a long time. My indicators, the sound of the wind passing the car, my footsteps, Huffles trumps. It takes ages to acclimatise to the many noises (I even told the Doctor not to shout when she checked on me).

We all had lunch and then I drove Smallest to his friends house for a couple of hours. While he was there he played football, entered the local graveyard (attached to the field near their house) and visited with Mr Pilky a well known dead bus driver (and there's another title). Smallest was quite captivated by the various gravestones and was telling us how old people were when they died and how one person was born in 1703. He also said that his friends garden was full of 'golfers'. Smallest was climbing a tree and a 'golfer' jumped out at him. 'You know the little ones with the sticky out teeth'. Ahhhhh he meant Gophers!

Small and I played a different version of Catan and moved some plants from the front garden to compost corner (we think Grandad will approve) as we didn't want them reseeding themselves while we are away.

Lovely big hydrangea flower head

When Smallest came back we all went in the pool (not Huffle, he was still working). We played Bumper Cars and the kids played Noodle Ninja while I organised tomorrow's activites via text and had a lovely Text conversation with AuntyMiaow.

We had dinner and then it was football time again. Smallest and CoachHuffle went to their field and Small and I went to the other field. Small's team drew their little scrimmage game after their practice. Half of the team is missing due to holiday time. Smallest's team won 9-4 with two goals from Smallest. Another one of Huffle's team looks like he might be poached for the Rep Team. Huffle says that it is all down to his excellent coaching. There you go!

 

 

No comments: