Thursday 23 July 2015

Does he really take selfie photos of him and his dog?*

Someone got up too early this morning and that same someone woke me up with loud whispers of 'MUMMY, MUMMY CAN I GO ON MY TABLET?'. When I said a sleepy YES, he poddled down the hallway and woke up Small. The only one that wasn't awoken was Huffle who slept dreamily on in snoreland. Consequently we had a grumpy tetchy family today.

As is fairly normal now, we spent the morning having breakfast, playing on tablets and then playing a game of Catan (I won). We got all of our stuff together and were out of the house by 12:30 ish. Another trip into Forest where we tried a Godfathers Pizza. Just a run of the mill chain pizza place but nice enough. While we were out we spotted a huge lorry carrying part of a wind turbine. It was humongous. When we came past again there was a blade on the lorry, WOW. Can't believe how big those things are. There are lots of wind turbines around here. They fascinate me. We also stopped by a farmers field which had stripes of different things in it. It was very colourful. It looked like corn, wheat and maybe a green manure. I wonder why they did that?

Wind turbines and stripey fields

We made our way to the supermarket to get essentials with the intention of keeping them in the cool box but we bought too much and had to go back to the house in order to put it away. Still, we were on the beach (usual spot) by 2:30 ish.

Camp, walking, football

It seems most people are leaving not long after we arrive (possibly because they went on in the morning) so it wasn't long before we had most of the beach to ourselves.

Cricket

A bit of swimming - no waves today, lots of reading, lots of cricket and sandcastle building and a bit of football. Both boys were very grumpy towards each other and had to be parted quite often. Which is why we made the decision today to eat our picnic a little bit earlier, have a last game of cricket and a walk and then we drove to the ice cream place after packing all our stuff away. We all had Heath Bar Ice Cream except Huffle who had a Raspberry Bugaboo (he said it was a very forgettable flavour).

Sand castles. We spent a long time finding obscure things to decorate our castles with.
Trying to get a profile photo for FaceBook but I look like a pirate. Small and me. My shadow - the pack horse carrying stuff off the beach.

We were back in the house by 8pm and sent the boys to clean their teeth. Both got a bit of TV watching before bed but hopefully the earlier night might do them some good. I have warned Smallest that he isn't to whisper loudly to me until he hears my voice or knows I am awake. He says because he hears me turning over in bed, he assumes I'm awake.

I spoke to MrBorrower next door who asked when we were going to use his kayaks. Maybe tomorrow? maybe Saturday? The river is just across the road and he said morning is best. We are going to see how we feel tomorrow.

 

*a man walked by with his dog and one of those selfie sticks attached to this camera while the boys were playing cricket. I saw Huffle look at him and shake his head. I later asked him what he was thinking as he walked by and he said "has he really been taking selfies of himself and his dog?, and that the only thing that could have been worse was if the dog had been wearing some jaunty beach outfit!". I don't know who's weirder, Huffle for thinking it or the selfie man!

 

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Like the intricate castle building, beats my little efforts last week.. X