Wednesday 15 July 2015

Frank the 3rd*

Wow, I slept until 9:20 this morning. There is an advantage to being deaf on that I am sleeping in my own little soundless bubble, though my throat hurt this morning so I'm guessing I couldn't hear myself snore. More oil was put in my ear last night (just going with the one as cannot bear to not hear anything at all). The boys got up later too but not quite as late as me. Huffle got up at normal time to work.

After a late breakfast the boys and I played Junior Monopoly. We added a few new rules like getting £10 (it's an English set) random notes in the Chance Cards and getting a £10 note when bankrupt if you give in £10 worth of Ticket Booths (or ticket boobs as we call them as that's what Small used to call them when he was very little). Smallest ended up with so much money he couldn't keep it all on the table.

Then the kids and I went holiday shopping and bought Small many pairs of shorts. He has now outgrown all kids shops and is currently in small men's though he doesn't really fill out the front bits of them! While we were out we picked up a couple of Body Boards (for those huge waves MrsRumbleskins - don't worry, there will be photos), a couple of floaty things for the pool and some Snorkel Goggles.

The boys had their lunch in front on TV (this seems to be their most favourite thing during holiday time) and Huffle and I sat on the porch trying to watch something on the IPad (I say trying, because there was so much traffic coming through our sleeping Hamlet. A huge lorry, a big digger decided to dig a bit of the road up, motorbikes - where they waiting for us to have lunch?).

Small tried on his new shorts for us and then the three of us went up to the pool. It has been much cooler today so I didn't go in but the kids did. We played UNO on the side, watched a bay bird being fed by its Mum or Dad and had a Harry Potter quiz.m The boys decided they wanted to go inside so were emptying the pol when Smallest slipped off the steps and straight under the water hurting his bum on the way down. He is okay now.

The boys packed a few holiday things and played on their tablets while I made dinner.

After dinner, Small, Huffle and I played a new version of Catan (I won) and Smallest helped deal out the cards and played football by himself.

 

*we have renamed the three legged cat that comes into our garden (and is now allowed to roam due to the fact that he tries to catch chipmunks) Frank III - actually Smallest wanted to call him Frank Junior Junior (Huffle decided that was officially Frank III).

 

No comments: