Saturday 8 October 2011

401, 407, 404? All look the same to me!

We had a bit of a nightmare this morning. Huffle had to rush the kids off to Grandma's while I had to go to the local walk in doctors. Nightmare. All sorted now though. Despite the bad start we had a good car journey and made good time to the airport.

Our flight was on time although we had to sit on the plane for 45mins waiting for a space!? Not too bad a flight although I felt ill most of the way. I'm not so good with travel sickness and I'm on antibiotics which cause nausea too.

On our flight there was an Asian man who struggled to open the Toilet door. He poked it, pushed it gingerly and pulled faces at it, we were giggling and eventually he got it open.

I have been a vegetarian for over twenty years now and I am thinking it might be time to call myself something else. Like a non meat-eater. I booked my vegetarian meal on the plane and when it came it was cauliflower Barji, now I know it's vegetarian but Indian or spicy food is NOT my favourite. To make matters worse the NORMAL food was chicken or vegetarian pasta? I asked if I could have the pasta and the stewardess said yes if there were any left, but I ended up eating a roll and half of Huffles biscuit. When tea came I felt so ill that I couldn't eat my Hot Chickpea wrap, or the Mushroom Stroganoff Hot wrap (that wasn't for veggies either!?) that Huffle snaffled for me. So all I ate were a couple of Murray Mints.

The pilot had been flying for 40 years and was retiring so the whole plane clapped him and the fireman outside hosed the plane down with water (apparently its tradition)

We got off the plane, walked the many miles to the Immigraion, collected our luggage and went to queue at the car hire desk. Only one staff member was there with a queue of six people. They were slow (possibly because they were trying to sell lots of extras to everyone). They were turning people away unless they had pre booked. They seemed to have trouble locating their cars. That's their business! Surely they should be good at it! Well we got our car (an automatic). Had a quick lesson from the car park lady, and off we went onto Highway 409.

Found our Hotel, checked into our room (guess what? Smelt badly of stale cigarette smoke) - again? Didn't we have that trouble last time we came to Canada.

Well we are in our nice smoke free room now and we have had a package delivered to us.

A lovely Canadian gift basket containing all things maple syrupy. Cookies, chocolate, butter, biscuits. Yum yum. Thanks Huffle's boss.

Had dinner of Roast Buttersoup Nut as the waitress called it. With garlic bread. Ummm nice.

No comments: