Monday 27 February 2012

-8 to 28 in a day

HAPPY BIRTHDAY HUFFLE

I didn't sleep so well last night. I never do in a strange bed. I didn't feel the pea under the mattress so either I am not a princess (which is slightly unbelievable) or there was no pea there! As soon as Huffle and I were up we were looking out of the window checking to see if we could see Barry (the Gator). We saw lots of ripples in the lake but nothing popped up. The boys we're looking too. We did see a Heron.

Mr & Mrs Gator left the boys a puzzle each so this morning we started them. Smallest's was a toy story one which he did mainly by himself but with a bit of help for the larger one (we are still putting it together).

Small's was a much harder one with 1000 small pieces. We have got the edges out but that's about it.

We started the day looking for a place to eat breakfast. Mrs Gator told us about a place but we ended up in a drive through Mall (yes you heard correctly). I felt like we were in a film set or an empty theme park. The boys loved running around and hollering. There was absolutely no-one around and it was past nine (only just).

Mr Gator rang us and we asked him where to go. He pointed us in the right direction. Wow. Smallest had his usual (usual when we go out for breakfast which is quite unusual really) sunny side up egg and a slice of bacon. Smallest had two choc chip pancakes and Huffle and I had two Blueberry Pancakes. We didn't need two. They were huge. We all left some because they were so big and so filling. They weren't the kind of crepey pancake that I make but the big fat fluffy American Pancakes. Ummm ummmmmm. I thought I wouldn't be able to eat again for the rest of the day!!!!

Then we went off in the car to Grandad Pete's Beach which was about an hour away. We popped into a shop on the way and bought buckets and spades. We took Mr & Mrs Gators beach chairs and an umbrella. glad we did, the sun was H O T!!!!

The beach was amazing. Awesome.

The sand was white. It wasn't overcrowded (I guess people are working or at school and it was mainly older people there. I think we scared off the ones around us.

 

The boys had so much fun. Running around. Running into the sea. Swimming in the sea. Making sandcastles (a birthday one for Hiffle).

We actually got time to sit and relax. I read a bit of my book. Took lots of photos. Awwwwww it was lovely. Just the right kind of thing to do today. It was hot (have I said that?).

There were parasailers to watch

The boys had so much fun swimming in the sea. It was so strange to think that yesterday we were coming out of the house in hats and gloves, snow on the drive and it was -8. Temperatures here got to 28*. Phew.

This is just to prove I was there and I was in the sea. I did get a bit further in (I didn't have my swimming costume so I couldn't swim but I did get my bum wet because a wave took me by surprise.

We sat on the beach till about 5pm and then left for home (well the Gator's home).

These birds had a wing span so wide - wider than my arm span! It was very interesting watching them fly last and diving into catch fish.

Smallest swimming in the sea - the waves kept going over his head, he would run out, coughing and spluttering, grab a bottle of water, laugh, then run back in again. This happened over and over but he loved it.

Small was swimming really well. He loved the way the waves moved him back in.

This was a wonderful place. We came home, had dinner and put the boys to bed.

Huffle and I opened a bottle of wine. Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

 

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful day, gorgeous sky, boys swimming in the sea, and it's hot. What more could you ask for. You will have a really good week, Hope Mr. and Mrs. Gator get back. It is just what the doctor ordered for everyone. Enjoy. Aunt P.

Anonymous said...

Wow!!!!!!!

Everett XXXXXX

Anonymous said...

Huffle sorry belated Happy Birtday for yesterday.

Everett, Lucky Shorts & boys

Brenda B said...

Looks like you're all having a brilliant time! Jammy Dodgers getting out of this crappy weather! Since you left we've had snow, sleet, rain, freezing rain and fog! Your timing was awesome! Happy belated BDay to Mr Huffle.

Hugs
Brenda

PS. Big birds are Pelicans.