Wednesday 8 February 2012

Insult me NOT!

We didn't set any new traps for Mr Mouse because we need to work out what we are going to do next before Mr Mouse eats the table legs!
We cancelled the Water Heater last night and had a reply this morning saying that it WAS cancelled.  Silly me, won't do that again!  Thanks Mary Ann for alerting me!  It wasn't dodgy particularly but reputable companies wouldn't be selling door to door and Mr Royal said you should never buy anything from someone at the door!  I have learnt my lesson!
Both boys went to school this morning, leaving me having breakfast with Yahoo (Skyping).  She asked for a tour of the house (Thank goodness I made the beds before she rang!).
Then I did a bit of a workout, bit of blogging, tidying up, etc etc.
This afternoon I went out with ClownRose.  She took me to her favourite Vintage Clothing Store and we tried stuff on.  Well she mainly tried stuff on and I tried to keep BabyMo calm.  Poor BabyMo, she was fast asleep and when she awoke there were all these strange women looking at her and cooing and making weird noises at her.  I was scared so goodness knows how freaked out she was.  They price the stuff in there really strangely.  It starts off at one price and then has a date two weeks away which is a lesser price and then possibly a week further away than that there will be an even lower price.  How cool is that?  If you want a fabulous party dress or a nice coat or scarf or accessories then that's the place to go.  Aunty A - might be just up your street!  Don't worry Yahoo, I have not turned into a 'joint smoking hippy' - yet!
We got a takeaway coffee from my favourite cafe and then went to the Italian Deli to pick up a pastry for Huffle (he was having a bad day at work).  We had to try a pastry each too (just to make sure they were okay), ummmmmmm.
Baby Mo tested it for us too
As did ClownRose
We popped into the Thrifty Shop and ClownRose bought a toy for BabyMo.  I didn't find anything in there this time.
We got home just in time to get Smallest off the school bus.  He was on there by himself because Small was still at school doing Taekwondo.  Speaking of which, he loved Taekwondo.  He got two power clips and he has to get ten to get a black power clip.  Then ten black power clips gets you an arm band.  He has learnt to shout "Kia" and kick high!  He is looking forward to next week.  He looked so cute in his Dobuk too.
Smallest and I sneaked a look at Small doing his 'thing' in the gym

Smallest had to take in ten small things to school today as his class were celebrating the 50th day of school!  So he took in Ten small beads.  When I emptied his school bag I found this note........
I had to read it over again because I call him 'Smallest' (that isn't his name obviously) and all I saw was Congratulations Smallest.  It just made me chuckle.
We skyped Grandma to check how she was after her fall.  Smallest tried to cheer her up with a Skype hug - you can have the real thing soon Grandma.
Huffle had a visit at home today from a lady who had to do a medical for his life insurance.  Just some usual stuff, lots of questions and form filling.


Don't read this bit Aunt Pear : We skyped HB, who made sure the boys brushed their teeth correctly and then attempted to read Smallest a book.  She said the screen was blurred!!  The boys are even more excited to see her now.  Only three more days...................
Everyone else was asleep in her house, hope she doesn't get into trouble for speaking to us so late!  She told us she was bringing a Onesy (all in one PJ's) for me that belongs to her Dad.  Now I know I said I had put on a bit of weight, but her Dad is considerably bigger (sorry Unc Pear, but you are) than me!  PAH!
Second insult of the day was a woman in the Vintage store asked if I was Baby Mo's Grandmother.  WHAT??? - bet that made you laugh Yahoo!!!!


I am having a bit of a downer at the moment.  I miss my friends.  I miss picking up the phone and just ringing. I miss going for walks with them and meeting up for coffee.  I miss the fact that I can't just suddenly remember its someone's birthday tomorrow and pop a card in the post box across the road and know that it's going to get there in time.
I always get lots of comments about how happy we all look and I wonder if everyone just thinks we are having a lovely wonderful time.  Well we kind of are, but there are some not nice times too when we realise how far away we are from all of our family and friends.  .......and I'm writing this all down here because this is supposed to be real life and looking back at some of these posts it just looks like we are on holiday, and we're not. - there I have said it now.  It's the truth and I wanted to write the truth.  Tomorrow I shall be happy I'm sure and just get on with stuff like I always do.  I'm sure I'm allowed the odd sniffly moment.

3 comments:

Mary Ann Tate said...

My son has a black belt in Taekwondo. He did it for a number of years but he eventually lost interest as people do:) I'm glad I was able to help. There was a scam years ago about door to door utility thingies so everyone is a bit careful these days. If you have a land line phone you get lots of cold calls from various companies too but you can be put on a no call list.

I'm sorry that you are feeling homesick and the time of year doesn't help either. I always get a bit down in February myself as it's an in between time...not winter...not spring:)

Anonymous said...

Don't worry fanfa ur bound 2hv down times. We send u our love HB will cheer u up saturday she cant wait . aunt p. xxxx

hayleysg said...

Going to sleep now before you can Skype me ;)
Joking I loved that little call. Got me ever more excited
Don't worry, you can't be down when I come! See you soon!
HB xxxx