Thursday 9 February 2012

Nine One One and a Jingle Jum

Huffle goes to work at 7:15 ish.  The boys get up between 7 - 7:30 and I get up about 7:15 - 7:30.  Then I get the breakfast, make the lunches and make sure the boys are washed and ready for school.  However this morning at 8:30, the phone rang.  Small was just getting ready, Smallest was eating his breakfast and I had just got changed out of my PJ's.  The phone call was ClownRose.  "Help, my kitchen is on fire, I don't know what to do!". I told her to get out of the house and ring the fire brigade which she already had.  I told her to come right over to our house and we would sort things from there.

As she got to our house, the fire brigade arrived.  She left me with BabyMo while she went to see the Fire Brigade.  Small almost missed the bus but luckily the driver is very kind and waited for him.

Smallest was a little star today and played with BabyMo, bringing her lots of teddies and chatting to her.  He even went and got some socks for her because he noticed she wasn't wearing any.  (all of his own accord). He also got her a hat and gloves because she had cold hands.  Bless Him, he wants a baby brother!  NO WAY!

Mrs Royal rang me to say she had been over to ClownRose's house to check she was okay and that if there was anything we needed we were to call.  What lovely neighbours.  

ClownRose had put the oven ring on (the wrong one) and heated up a kettle with no water in.  There was smoke everywhere, but no actual fire thank goodness.  BabyMo was lovely and didn't worry about her Mum not being there.  Mostly thanks to Smallest I'm sure.

Around about 10 ish, she came to pick up BabyMo, had a coffee, calmed down and went off to her Mum's.  What a morning!  We missed story time at the library so we decided to get ready and walk to the library anyway to take our books back and get some more.

Smallest went on his scooter and got so carried away that he scooted all the way the end of the road, which actually meant that he crossed three (very quiet) small roads.  He had stopped at the crossroads and was chatting to the crossing man (who incidentally called him a girl - he had a hat on, it was nothing to do with his hair!).  On the way I bumped into Mrs Royal and walked and chatted until we then bumped into the rest of her family.  Some went one way and the rest of us carried on to the crossroads.  It was nice to walk at a good speed for once rather than having to wait for the boys to catch up, even though I had to have a good talk to Smallest for crossing all the roads. He had no idea he had done wrong and to be fair we had never told him where he was to stop as it was the first time he has been on his scooter.  He asked would he be able to cross the road when he was my age!  I thought yes probably.  I said we would review it when he was five!

We stopped off at the cafe for Grilled Cheese sandwiches or Sticky Cheese as he asked for - I think they are starting to understand what he wants now.  We went to the new corner shop and Smallest had an ice cream - yes it WAS that nice today.  The sun was out and it was like Spring again.

We walked home at a very leisurely pace because a small boy has trouble scooting and licking!

Love trees, but as I was taking this picture looking up into the tree an apple fell off and nearly hit me on the head!

Smallest then played in the garden on the "Jingle Jum" (Jungle Jim) for a while and I sat outside with him because it was so nice in the sun.

We filled the bird feeder up

 

We had Skype calls from Grandad and Yahoo.

I have been getting HB's room ready as she arrives on Saturday.  Her bed is made.  The fire is set up.  There are extra blankets on the bed.  I just have to tidy up the craft room the other end now and the boys have their scalextric to put away - otherwise she will be playing it in the night!!

Smallest had a bath and we put the whirlpool on.  The bubbles were everywhere and he made lots of Santa beards!

Small came home expecting BabyMo to still be here, I don't know if he was disappointed or not!  He had a bath and also had the whirlpool on.

The boys played together, had pizza, played some more and watched TV.

Pizza faces

 

Thank you to all those people who have sent me lovely emails, Skype messages, texts etc to support me and make feel a whole lot better.  You know who you are and I am eternally grateful.  I didn't expect it to be plain sailing all the way and it's nice to know I have you there to keep my spirits up.  I have a new chant thanks to Yahoo who is going to chant it too.  MOTIVATION. MOTIVATION. MOTIVATION.  (we haven't joined a cult, we haven't discovered religion, it's just something to keep us going).     

I'm going for a lovely long soak in the bath now.  I might even put the whirlpool on too.  Hope no-one takes a photo of me!

1 comment:

Brenda B said...

It's not an easy thing you're doing, moving away, and most people don't even realise it, it's a huge emotional upheaval. It's always worse for the wife or partner who's not working outside the home as they're stuck indoors not knowing anyone. Hubby is busy at work so his mind is occupied, the kiddies are busy at school so their minds are occupied too.... and you're stuck in the house thinking of your friends and all the things you would be doing if you were back home. Perfectly natural and I wish I could offer some good advice but I've always worked too, but that doesn't mean that I never felt homesick. Time of year doesn't help either, sometimes it's too cold or snowy to go out somewhere so you feel more trapped. Spring arrives very quickly in this part of the world, you'll be surprised, one day it'll be winter, next day spring will be here, still catches me out after 18 yrs. Are you planning to grow some veggies or flowers? Can you get started thinking about that? How about volunteer work? I know you can't do any legal work but you might want to check into volunteering a few hours when both boys are at school. Maybe ask in the library if they need some help, or at an old peoples home or something. The key is to occupy your mind but not be on your own!

Chin up weekend is almost here and you have another lovely visitor coming to cheer you up!

Hugs
Brenda