Tuesday 21 February 2012

Last Cases Emptied

Nothing much to say today. It was the first day back at school for Small. Smallest and I had a day of inside doing. We emptied the bins and cleaned the bathrooms. We generally tidied and changed the Guest bed (can't call it HB's bed anymore as Aunty A will soon be using it). Smallest earnt lots of marbles today, fetching, carrying, emptying and generally being useful and helpful (he really wants to go to Disney).

It snowed quite a lot today but never properly settled, I don't know if it was too wet? Can snow be too wet?

Grandma skyped with an update on Uncle Dermott. He is doing well. Mrs Gator also emailed me to say that his spirits were high and that he was getting better at 'charades'. They are hoping to get him home soon. All the best from us here. She also told us that where they live (USA) there is a shop near them that sells British food and that we are classed as 'Ethnic'. Really, well I never!

I have spent a lot of today trying to fix my blog's sidebar. Lance at Blogsy sent me full instructions on how to get this done and I did it on the computer (which seems so slow after the IPad). Hopefully now, this blog is fixed and there should be a sidebar with all my links etc. Please leave me a comment if you still can't see it as it still isn't working on my other blog yet (more to do tomorrow).

I know I always take snowy pics of the barn but it's because you can see the snow against the darkness of the wood.

I emptied all the suitcases that had our clothes in from the shipment and sorted them into whose was whose. Then Smallest had a trying on session. Too small and they went into a charity bag. Too big and they went back into a case for later. Just right and perfect for Florida and they were put in his room waiting for me to pack them.

We had a visit from ClownRose and BabyMo this afternoon. She was on her way to her Mum's and wanted to pop by. Smallest entertained BabyMo with his teddies and even found one he didn't want anymore and gave it to her. He is such a caring boy (at times).

When Small came home he chucked in his bag and snow pants and ran back outside to carry on building his fort. He found the biggest snow boulder and I watched him carry it really carefully and place it on the walls.

Then when he saw me and my camera he ran away.

When he came in I got him to try his load of clothes on. He did it without complaining or moaning because I said if he didn't try them on then he could end up walking around Disney (if we go) with just his pants (or underwear!).

I made the boys Sundaes.

Look how much they love being close to each other. It has absolutely nothing to do with the fact that they are on the IPad.

Huffle had a 'trying day' today. Drove to our local town train station, got a train to Downtown, set up his office, got told the person he was meeting was back at Huffle's office, got a taxi back to the office, then the meeting was cancelled, then his secretary had to drive him to the station so he could get a train back to our town station, the he drove back home. Poor Huffle.

Huffle is away tomorrow in America, back Thursday night. I hate being on my own. I am planning on putting the boys to bed, taking up the teapot, my knitting and Ferris Bueller and going to bed.

***Chicka Chickaaaaaaaaa***

 

No comments: