Wednesday 22 February 2012

Comedy of Errors

Huffle went off to work this morning as usual but also off to Philadelphia - the kids think he is going to a big soft cheese!!

The boys were dispatched to school.

I put my coat, scarf and gloves on and went to pick up my keys and realised they weren't in any of the places they normally were. Nor were they in my coat pocket or handbag. So I rang Huffle (who incidentally had driven my car last) and he looked in his coat which was in the basement of his office. Oh oh. There they were and he was due to go off in a taxi to the airport in half an hour. I eventually found a spare key for the car and drove up the road. A while ago I had met a neighbour at a kids party and he told me he had a spare key for our house (because he was friends with the previous owner). So I popped round to his wife (knew her from school gates) and she gave me our key.

I went off to my local town to get a few bits and bobs. Whilst out this caught my eye. Are they just two melted snowmen or delicately sculpted snow statues.

Is it just me or can you see on the right a lady with a crinoline dress and a coiffured hairstyle, standing with her young maid? Shall I send for the psychiatrist now?

Some might say I was very creative being able to see things like that in a pile of snow!

When I got home I tried the key in the front door - it fit but didn't turn and then the back door - it didn't even go in, let alone turn. So I was back to square one.

I had a garbled message from Huffle saying that he had a story to tell and would call later re. USA admissions. Oh Blimey, what now! Then I had an email from his secretary sending me a link re US Visa and to read it carefully before Florida. Then I got another message from her saying I must apply for a visa for me and the kids.

Not long after this I had a message from an unknown number saying Huffle had landed and was okay. Then another message from Huffle saying that he was in USA.

Smallest came home on the bus by himself covered in red pen. I thought he was bleeding as he got off the bus and said "did you see me fall down the stairs?" but he had been drawing round his hand!

 

Smallest and I went to the neighbour (who gave us the key) and handed it back telling her it didn't fit anything. She said she would talk to her husband as he was the one who used to use the key (to feed the dog whilst they were away). She also mentioned that no-one locked their doors around here or cars. Ummmm. Not sure about that, especially when the Huffle is away!!

We then went to watch Small at Taekwondo. It was good to watch. The Master who was teaching them told them to sit tall (which made Smallest and I instantly sit up). We watched them tippy tapping each others feet with their feet and shouting strange words I didn't know. At the end he handed out the power clips and instantly took Small's away because he didn't say thank you. After all I taught him as well! I hope that he learnt that lesson!

Small was playing outside and I managed to capture him jumping in the air again. (for you Yahoo).

We came home, attempted to fix Small's Park project from school (we gave in in the end) and had dinner together.

Huffle skyped us from his hotel room and the boys took him (on the IPad) into the basement to show him what they were doing. I heard them ask if he had any Philadelphia (cheese) yet.


The things they will do to earn their marbles!

I put the boys to bed, read them stories and then watched trashy TV (Glee). Actually I have found a good show called "Smash". Only been three episodes (it may be a pilot) and I've watched two and I'm hooked. I knitted, crocheted, sewed and was still up way past the time I thought I would be. How brave am I?

 

No comments: