Wednesday 15 February 2012

Canada is like a thermos............

HB is struggling with the time difference and falls asleep by 8pm.  Last night she put on her Onesy, wrapped herself in our cosy blanket and dozed off.  If you thought her leggings were "wild", then this outfit is "out of this world"!!!
Then there are her socks..............

Crazy
I found out why Small was upset that he only got a ruler yesterday as a prize for good dancing.  It was because one of the other prizes was a sledge.  Ahh okay then I suppose I would be a little disappointed with a ruler, buy hey he won something and not everyone did.
Because both of the boys are at school today we decided to go to a Mall.  Whilst we were driving along, HB started waving.  I asked what she was doing.  She said there was a man dressed as the Empire State Building waving at her.  Empire state building said I?  How do you dress as that building.  Oh no says HB, I meant the Statue of Liberty.  Bet that'll be on the blog she said.  Oh go on then!
First on the agenda was sweets for GP (HB's boyfriend), he requested Canadian Sweets.  We asked the lady in the shop which sweets were typically Canadian but she wasn't Canadian and she didn't know.  PAH!  So she chose the most illuminous looking sweets.
 Any E Numbers do you think?
 Picking out sweets
 Ooh foxy lady
We went to Tim Horton's and I bought some TimBits for HB to try.  We sat there taking a bite, putting it back in the box if we didn't like it (took them home for Huffle - we put them bitten bit down so he can't tell we've had a bite - sure he won't mind).  Neither of us liked the Cinamon ones, HB didn't like the chocolate ones or the jam ones, we left quite a few.  He was pleased when we handed them to him, then he looked inside and said "oh I think a mouse might have nibbled one".  When we laughed, he said "oh don't tell me I've got all the leftovers no-one wanted?".  As if?
 I think she liked this one
We stopped for lunch and HB decided she wanted to eat something Canadian.  She came back with a Roast.  Ahh not quite so Canadian then eh?  She wanted to compare it - verdict: good, then not so good. 
We also compared the Mikado's which are called something else here.  We ate the whole packet and liked them, now we have to eat the English ones to see which is better.  Oh the chores we have, having to compare Canadian Chocolate with English - when will this stop ha ha ha ha ha ha.
Before we went out this morning we watched the post person deliver a letter to our mailbox, he didn't put the marker up so HB put it up so Smallest would know we had mail when he got home from school.  Lucky, because it was for him anyway, although he was hoping it was a letter from a friend back home but it was a letter from the bank!
 What's in the mail today?
Aunt and Unc Pear skyped their little princess to find out how her day had gone.  Unc pear was showing us his new sunglasses.  Yeeeeaaaahh Cooool.
We played with Smallest in the garden when he got off the bus all by himself (Small was at Taekwondo).
HB pushing Smallest on the swing

 Grizzly bear paw print (just for you Unc Pear)

Smallest decided he was going to break our snowman (or SnowHB) and he pulled the arms off, so HB decided she was going to pull Small's arms off.  They laughed a lot.
We cornered Smallest and kicked and threw snow at him until he surrendered.  Then we went off to pick Small up.  We were 15 minutes late.  I had it in my head I should pick him up at 4:45 but it should have been 4:30.  Small was not happy.  What an awful Mummy I am!!!
HB and I made Butternut Squash Soup for dinner.  It was lovely - I'm teaching her to cook for when she goes to Uni, I am determined she won't live on MacDonalds and Subway for the next five years!
We bought a new game today.............wait for it.................................

Yes Monopoly Deal.  A card game version.  We played it for 20 minutes and just about understood it before it was the kids bedtime.
Huffle got on with his ironing, HB put the boys to bed and I blogged.

HB took this picture.  I didn't notice the oven gloves till I posted it.  Very patriotic.
Tonight we are going to do some more comparing of chocolate.  Ummmmm yum.

8 comments:

hayleysg said...

You forgot to mention how when we were at the Mall that you tried to go down an escalator that was going up and only realised when I shouted Famfa Famafa! Seniors moment one could say.

Funny how you forgot that one ;)

HB xx

famfa said...

Senior? How very dare you. Some would say your eyesight was failing at such a young age - empire state pah
Famfa cx

hayleysg said...

<3

Anonymous said...

now now girls - interested who left 3 comments and it was you 2!
good blog , made unc pear laugh so it must be funny. Aunt P

Brenda B said...

Lol, no bloody wonder your jeans are getting tight!! Says she who just had a Trader Joes caramel chocolate thingy for breakfast! As to the mail box.... you put the marker up when you put post in for him to collect, he puts it down when he takes your post. You put the marker up to let him know you have something for collection in case he has nothing for you, otherwise he wouldn't check your mailbox. At least that's hoe it works in America! What would the Statue of Liberty be doing in Canada? Or the Empire State building for that matter!!

Hugs
Brenda

Anonymous said...

Famfa I'm a little concerned that your entire trip to the mall revolved around food. Are there no other shops in Canda? Clothes, gifts, toys, books? Children's book shops - you know how we like them??!!

Missing our chatting this week.

Yahoo xx

marina said...

always eating somewhere, do you not no how to do the ironing.x

famfa said...

Yahoo - I miss our chats too. If I wrote about every shop we went in you'd be bored!!

Marina - yes I do know how to iron but I don't wear five shirts a week every week! He does his and I do mine, boys, and quilts etc.

I'm getting paranoid. I'll talk less about food in future xx