Monday 6 February 2012

Spring has Sprung?

Saw this photo in the Telegraph today of the frozen canal in Venice.
........and yet here, in Canada, what a beautiful day.  The sun was shining.  The birds were singing.  It was 8*.

Sunshine, shadows - beautiful
Hello Mr Tree - warm enough for you?
Sunshine through the trees
Off the boys went on their bus.  KP picked me up at 9am and we drove for an hour to her hairdresser's house.  We had a chat, ate some soda bread that KP made (delicious), KP had her hair coloured and I got a gorgeous new hair cut.  Smoothie is a lovely lady with a cute daughter.  I was very happy with my new hair.  We chatted some more while KP had her hair cut.
Then we took the long drive back to the Hamlet and stopped off for a sandwich at the local cafe.  I ordered a Tuna Salad Sandwich and asked for no Tomato, the waitress said "you want Tomayto?". "No I don't want Tomarto" her and KP looked at me strangely.  KP informed me that you would never get Tomato on a Tuna Salad Sandwich.  The Salad part is Mayo and Lettuce, and in this cafe, celery.  Now anyone that knows me, knows I cannot stand celery, but hey, guess what?  I liked it.  In the tuna it added crispness and the taste wasn't nearly as strong as back home in the UK.  Why is that?  What has happened to my taste buds since I moved here?  I can now eat celery, nuts, raisins and currants - weird eh? (the  'eh' bit is something all Canadians say after most sentences!!!!)
I walked home, was beckoned in by ClownRose, had a cup of tea with her (a terrible cup of tea, i'm sure she won't mind me telling you) and played with BabyMo for a while.  Then got home just in time for the boys to get back.
Here comes the bus
Tree, sky - lovely 
They played in the garden for about an hour.  I played with them for a bit and then made their dinner. They played really nicely together.
Boys playing on the Jungle Jim
The boys decided to get the sledges out and slide down the icy slope!
You know me!  Love a good tree picture
Don't know but I liked it
"Can you push me really hard down the hill Mummy?"
Tree silhouette
Small made this ice heart for me for Valentines Day.  ahhh bless, he even said he was sorry but it wouldn't last till then, which is why I took a photo so I could keep it forever.  Thanks Small.  I love you too x

I made scones but the recipe said to put the oven on 220* and I put it on 220*F - oh bum - they didn't work obviously, why am I such a clutz? So I made them again and they were perfect - but I did forget they were in the oven which explains their brownness!
Ummmm lovely sconiness.

Now either Mr Mouse is very very hungry or he fancies himself as the Next Great Baker, because he has definitely been nibbling my scales.  Are you for real???   All in the name of catching mouse, Huffle and I have devoured two pieces of fudge (he asked me to chew some toffee but I picked fudge instead and accidentally ate it all and he had to have one too), and a chomp (there is toffee in a chomp, so I half chewed it and then stuck it on the traps).  Cruel I know but, my scales?  come on!
Now where do I put all my baking stuff Moo?
A lovely Hello (G'day) to the Rumbleskins.  Thanks for emailing, will reply soon.  Have left you a message on Skype. Very excited about forthcoming post.



3 comments:

Harborough Dad said...

Those scones look yummy, could do with eating one (or two) now.

Lovely photos today, however, not too sure about that 'thing' on a stick? But where is the photo of your new haircut?

Jumbleberries xx

Mary Ann Tate said...

One good thing about Canada is that when spring decides to happen it happens fast and furious. I think this year may be one of those years:)

marina said...

we want a picture of the new hair cut x