Friday 3 February 2012

Poorly Small and an Angry Bird

This morning Small complained of a sore throat and wibbly tummy.   I checked his throat (and NO it wasn't my bread and butter puding!) and his tonsil was up a bit.  So I called the school and told them he wouldn't be in.  I made him scrambled eggs for breakfast and sent him to bed to rest.   I then walked Smallest to the Bus and asked the driver if he would be okay on the way back on his own.  The driver said yes of course he would be fine (but I still wrote a note to his teacher to say he would be on his own).  I felt like it was the first day of school again.  Silly me.
I should have been going to the hairdressers today with KP.  So I cancelled that (luckily, for me, the hairdressers daughter was poorly too so we remade our appointments for Monday).
Small skyped Grandma to see if he could get some extra sympathy.  She told him to rest too.
Once he had rested we played a long game of Disney Monopoly - well he was ill.  It lasted most of the day with stops for bath, cleaning, washing, lunch, a movie.  Small won easily.
We saw the most amazing bird in the garden today.  It was a really bright red and looked a bit like a cockatoo.  We think it might have been one of these..........

Which apparently is the bird that inspired this one
He skyped his best friend back in the UK (they can't normally do this in the week because of the time difference so it was nice to see them talking about what they were doing at school and what they had planned for the weekend.

We walked outside to meet Smallest off the bus.  Smallest had liked being on the bus himself - he thinks he's a big boy now!  He also brought home his ribbon for reading.
They played quite nicely together and Small read to Smallest to earn time on the computer.
I made a rice pudding because it is Small's favourite and I know how to make it and have all the correct ingredients.
 I have started playing 'Words with friends' on the Internet.  Last night we took the iPad to bed and played a game with a random person who we didn't know.  They were a bit slow so we started heckling them, saying helloooo are still there?  have you fallen asleep?  Zzzzzzzzzzz.  We were laughing and in the end we turned it off and went to sleep.  When I checked it today they had done the same.  There were lts of zzzzzzzzzzzz's.  It's funny.  Now I am playing with two friends and two randoms as well as the same one from last night.
Carnival tomorrow.

2 comments:

Mrs B said...

Red Cardinals are beautiful and have a lovely voice. We had one last summer that we used to hear every morning, very rarely saw him though. Well done Smallest on getting your reading ribbon. Get well soon Small xx

Brenda B said...

Lots of Cardinals in our garden in the winter, there's two pairs that are regular visitors. Two years ago they nested in a small tree right outside our living room window. Hope Small is feeling better and well don to Smallest for being a big boy on the bus and getting a ribbon too. No plans for us, today is a cloudy day so i'll be in my craft room, tomorrow is supposed to be sunny so we'll go for a walk in the local woods. Have a great weekend.

Hugs
Brenda