Thursday 23 February 2012

New Sofa's, Sticky Cheese & Stories

I forgot to add one of the funny things that happended yesterday.

Mid morning there was a knock at the door. There was a truck parked in the drive and a man standing at the door. He said "shall we come through the front or do you want us to go through the back?" I said "what for?". "For the two sofas you ordered". He said. "Oh I didn't order any sofas but are they nice cos we could do with some new ones?" "yes they are are best ones, really nice" he said and off he went to get the paperwork. When he came back the order had our address on but the previous owners' names. I said "maybe they bought us some new sofas?". He left but he was laughing. I think he could have been persuaded to leave them with us but I also think he might have wanted payment.

I didn't go to bed until 10pm, which for me being on my own was really good. As I was switching out the lights I got a bit spooked but I just systematically turned the lights off so that I constantly had a light on. Checked the boys, turned their little lights off, tucked them in and went to bed. I watched the extras on my Ferris Bueller CD. Brilliant. How the film was made. How they got the cast together. Loved it. "Bueller, Bueller, Bueller". I also watched some of Big Fat Gypsy Wedding. OMG they are crazy! how much money must they spend? Where do they get it from? One girl had spent so much time sorting her wedding that she hadn't even thought about what marriage meant and being away from her parents. She was really scared. I felt sorry for her. Too much emphasis on looking like a Princess and not enough on anything else. She even said she wasn't happy but she would just have to make do! How awful.

Huffle skyped me last night from his Hotel room. He was bored. Him and his colleagues went for dinner and then came back to the hotel and Huffle said they all just disappeared back to their rooms, no drinks, no pudding, no chocolate. He didn't take the IPad so he couldn't play either. Poor Huffle. We sat and we made silly faces at each other for a while till we got bored.

Nice - attractive!!!!!!

I spent the morning cooking. I made a Tuna Bake for the boys dinner. A soup for my dinner and some Cauli Cheese Grills for the freezer (he's always hungry). Then I started clearing (I make so much mess when I cook). Smallest helped me to clear up. He swept, emptied the dishwasher, put away. (he received a few marbles for it).

I sent Huffle's secretary copies of our passports and she has sorted out our visa situation for the US at the weekend. All approved and sorted. Phew. We can go. Why doesn't the airline tell you when you book flights that you need further documentation. We could have arrived there with the boys all excited only to be turned away. Not good. I think if you travel from Canada normally you are okay but if you have a British Passport, which we do, then you're scuppered.

We met up with ClownRose and BabyMo for a trip to the cafe and the library. Smallest went on his scooter.

Here they come

Smallest is right at the end of the road - steaming ahead

Smallest fed BabyMo bits of his sticky cheese sandwich. She loved it. He is so good with her. He entertained her and picked up things off the floor for her.

These are BabyMo's gloves. On the other side are little mouse faces. Smallest said the gloves were kissing! BabyMo can now say Smallest's name. Ahhhh bless.

We all went to the library. ClownRose had some photocopying to do for her insurance (when she burnt her kitchen down!), so Smallest and I found some books and coloured in some pictures to take to Mr & Mrs Gator's next week. I can't show you, they are a secret in case they are looking. I got a reading book (and I am going to read it). No-one lets me read in this house and I love reading. I shall find a quiet corner somewhere and read and read and read. Or I shall take it on holiday with me and try and read it there.

We walked home and waited for Small to come home.

It was Mathletes Day at school today (apparently I should have told Small but I forgot, not that it made any difference). Small absolutely loves Math so he had a really good day.

................And he came home with a ribbon - yay.

They looked through their library books and Smallest asked Small if he would read to him.

Ahhhhh I love it when they do this together.

Small came home saying "It's a snow day tomorrow, someone on the bus told me!". WHAT, what does that mean? Get to school! Snow, why would that stop us, we can walk to school if it's that bad surely. Apparently we are due 5cm overnight and 12 cm tomorrow with a 90% chance (although that was over an hour ago and I just looked now and it's an 82% chance so maybe by tomorrow the percentage will have gone down to nothing. I need them to be at school tomorrow so I can pack suitcases and I need to shop for Huffle's birthday! (Shhhhhhhhh).

Once the boys were in bed I started to do something with my feet. They have been wrapped up in thick socks and big heavy snow boots for three months now, and the thought of getting into a pair of sandals for our holiday makes me shudder. So this evening I am sitting here watching Glee (again, I have a few more yet to watch) with my feet in a bowl of water, salts and oil. I am going moisturise them until they look like a baby's bottom (could be some time!) and then I will paint them a lovely summery colour. My nails, or my feet! I might even take a photo if I do a good job.

(she sinks her feet into the warm water)....... Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh :)

Still waiting for Huffle to get home. He should be ringing me anytime now to say he has landed!

4 comments:

Brenda B said...

Ahh, Smallest really wants a baby brother or sister doesn't he??!!! We're under a Winter Storm Warning here in Michigan, I've brought my laptop home with me from work because I'm expecting a snow day too! I think they are saying 4" - 8" for us. Hope Huffle gets home soon. Interesting how the Americans will welcome you with open arms in Florida on a British passport if you arrive from England, but they'll send you back if you arrive from Canada!!

Hugs
Brenda

Anonymous said...

Famfa that photo of Huffle? .. It really doesn't look like him... Do you think you should remove it? Glad you got the visa sorted

Yahoo xx

famfa said...

Brenda - smallest is NOT getting a brother or sister. Meh can play with BabyMo instead. X

Yahoo - it IS Huffle and that's why I posted it becuase it doesn't look anything like him. Does it scare you? X

Anonymous said...

Actually Famfa it is very scary - in the words of Magot "I do not like it at all"

Yahooooooooo x