Friday 20 July 2012

A basket for my produce!

Well the pool wasn't clear and sparkling. In fact there was water missing from it. Yet we filled it before we went to bed. So I checked the filter and all the connections and filled it up again. I hope it's not leaking just before we go away!

I have a problem with my foot. Whenever I sit down, lie down etc, and I get up it is really painful to stand on. Once I have walked a bit it eases slightly. So uncomfortable. I don't know if I have strained it in some way. The boys helped me to clean and tidy today as they had strict instructions from Huffle.

The basement was cleared of all their toys. Their bedroom floors were cleared. We swept, cleaned the bathrooms and dusted. Bins were emptied and recycling put out. Very productive morning.

Mr & Mrs Royal came round (they are watering for us) to see where the hose was and which plants needed attention. They also had a bike for me to look at that Prince is selling.

Then off we went to swimming (driving this time because of my foot). Today I learnt that I have paid for two weeks of swimming, not one, and the second week is while we are on holiday. Whoops. She is then on holiday when we get back. If we can fit a week in (which we think we can) the boys can have one on one sessions with her for a week. So that's a relief!

Small learning how to keep warm wearing a life jacket

Smallest jumping in

They both did very well again. Smallest is swimming so well now. He has just got better and better.

We were supposed to go and play at Small's friends house but the friend disappeared and no one mentioned it so we got in the car and did a basic shop for our holiday instead. Basic stuff like Pain au Chocolat, croissants, brownies, crisps, bread, juice, cola. All essentials. Oh and some bananas, they boys wouldn't let me buy vegetables.

Huffle came home early and him and the boys went in the pool. We filled it again, this time taking more notice of where it went to! The water is clear to about half depth so that's better but it's still cloudy and still a peculiar colour.

....and jumping in at home

Both boys jumping

"are you taking a photo of me?"

Small doing a stride jump.

The weather today has been lovely. Not humid, a small breeze, still very hot though if you sit in it.

I popped round to the Royals and test rode a bicycle up the road with Small and then I bought it. Yahooooo, I have a bike. Now all I need is a basket to put my produce in when I ride to the Farmers Market (which is far too far for me to bike right now but one day maybe!).

We did some more packing, put the kids to bed, did a bit more packing, then sat down and thought of all the things we still ended to pack. Ha!

 

 

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow how tall does smallest look, taller and slim and grown up. Good luck with the bike you will enjoy it I'm sure. Have really good hol you have all earned it, when all you need to think about is relaxing and having fun. X

Sarah Tomson said...

Hope you dont have a problem with your foot like mine - it is very sore some days and will apparently take months and months to recover if at all - does it hurt under the heel? Doctors called mine Plantar fasciitis supposed to wear supportive shoes/trainers but I find that my Birkenstocks are the best as they have the moulded soles - not so helpful in the rain!!

Hope you have a fab holiday your holiday essentials shop sounds perfect!

X