Friday 13 July 2012

Washing Machine No2?

I was awoken by Huffle going off to work at 7am. Not long after I was awoken by the crows squawking outside the bedroom window. Then I was awoken by some people moving recycling bins onto the street. "Bloody Hell! Who can be making that noise at this time of the morning (8am)." Oh it was Small and Moo. Nice of them to do it, shame they were so noisy!

After breakfast I went off to the bank to order some cheques (they charge you here. $37 for a 50 page cheque book). I popped into a supermarket to get some supplies. It was so hot today. The humidity was high too. I left the boys at home tidying their bedrooms, with Moo keeping a watch out in case Machine No2 appeared! (it didn't arrive by the way!).

When I got back the boys had made a lovely job of their rooms and were playing on the computer. We had lunch, took some wine to Mr Royal as a thank you and then came home and got in the pool. I made some 'Mummy Shade' for us to sit under. Have I mentioned about the umbrella? Well, just in case I forgot, here is the story.

I bought a new umbrella for sitting under by the pool as there is no shade until 4pm. On the deck there is a base which was screwed down and took up a lot of room. Our new umbrella didn't fit correctly. One gust of wind and whole thing flew off. A spoke came loose. Then the umbrella went for a fly again. All the spokes came loose, I got angry with it and threw it off the decking. It hit the grass with a thud and left a nasty grass stain on the end. Sod It, I thought, I'm going to ring the customer services and tell them it's fell apart. So I did. "all the spokes have fallen off?" said the lady. "how strange" she said! However, she is sending me a new top part. I am to take the material off, discard the top part and wait for a new bit to be delivered in 5-7 days. Wahoooooo!

So my new shade is a dust sheet tied by four corners, with a bendy pole in the middle. It looked good and it worked a treat. I have to take it down each evening in case there is a storm or a raccoon decides to sleep in the middle of it, but a bit of tying and it's up again, no problem.

We had lots of silliness and fun in the pool. Then the boys got too silly so Moo and I started a game of cards, then Small joined us, then Smallest got banned from the pool and played on the computer. Of course, Small then had to join him (though apparently they argued the whole time). Moo and I sat next to the pool by ourselves, looked at each other and thought "let's go in the pool - while there is some peace!". We floated around for a bit and then we started a water fight. We were very silly and we laughed a lot. Then we got out and played more cards.

Huffle was on his way home early (though he did pop into Home Depot to get his refund) so we started the BBQ.

We had Salmon, Chicken, Sausages, mushrooms, corn, new potatoes. Small and Moo made a special pudding. Cheesecake made with Philadelphia and Mars Bars with a few smarties thrown in by smallest. Ummmmmmmm. We were bothered by the flies so we took our dinner inside.

The boys watched TV, Moo went for a shower and Huffle and I went in the pool to cool off. It wasn't long before the boys came in and joined us.

We all got out, had showers, used our clean towels (Moo has been washing all day - she says our washer is nice!).

Moo, Huffle and I sat on the front porch playing cards. It was slightly cooler there!

 

 

3 comments:

Everett said...

Still reading, and found my details.

Everett said...

Hi, very short comment before but all is well. Will be in touch. XXXX

Unknown said...

Looks like a brilliant day. We al, at Great place for hol but only get wifi in corridor to pool so here I am. we just had bucks fizz and scones yum yum. Having really good time, off crabbing In while. Love to all xx