Tuesday 17 July 2012

Moo goes home

I got up really early this morning, had my breakfast and got ready for work. I got there before 9am and was back by 9:05! The lady I work with wasn't there today. The owner hadn't arrived yet and the person in charge was told to water and go home. It was too hot for working today in the gardens. It is supposed to get to 36*. Phew. Plus humidity making it feel like 42*.

Mrs Royal popped round and had a coffee with us. She came to say goodbye to Moo.

The boys hair was washed (full of chlorine and off to have hair cut!), we got ready to go out. We were going to go on bikes again but it was so hot and humid, we couldn't do it. So we had to give in and go in the car.

Small went first and had his short and spiky. Then Smallest who had a lot cut off but still left his lovely wild curls.

Smallest's doesn't look great here because it is still wet and ruffled. Once it is dry properly, it will look better!!

Then I decided Moo should have her hair cut too (as she has been moaning about it since she has been here). Nicole cut it beautifully. Not sure she can wait five months to have it cut again though!

It was even too hot to go in the pool, so we decided to play inside. We played more Monopoly, built some Lego, Moo packed her bags.

We all had dinner early because of swimming and taking Moo to the airport later. We wrote some letters for Moo to take back for us.

Again, we had to drive to swimming because it was so hot and humid. Small did very well. Moo commented that he was like a fish. His swimming seems so effortless. Smallest also did well, but did keep telling the teacher "I can't do that!". Small has been invited to his swimming classmates pool on Friday after their swimming lesson. We came home and finished our Monopoly game. Moo won.

During the game I asked Small if he had pants on (because he had taken his swimming shorts off and put normal shorts on!) "no" he said "anyway what are pants for?" Moo said "so you don't have to wash your trousers so often!". Ha ha ha.

Moo finished packing the last of her stuff, I made sandwiches for the car and then we set off for the airport. There is a storm coming but so far her plane has not been delayed.

We went along the 407 because of the time and Moo was navigating. Once again she forgot to take us off the road in time but we got on the right road and got to the airport in plenty of time. We parked, the boys decided to remember where we were parked as I normally forget.

We found the check in desk. Moo was in Club class so we got to queue jump and look smug. He he. We took her through to the gate. We all said goodbyes. Lots of hugs and some tears. We watched her walk around the queue and then suddenly she was ushered, along with a load of others, to a different gate further along. We ran after her.

Queue No1
Small picnicking in the terminal

Bye Moo, see you in December x

She had no idea what was going on. Then she was moved along, this time right to the other end of the airport, in a completely different terminal. Very weird. We don't know why! We watched her go through and then went to find the car. When we got to the ticket machine to pay, we realised we had lost our ticket. PANTS! We walked back to the airport terminal and walked our route all the way round, asking people on the way if they had found it. We never found it. The boys were fabulous.

We 'talked' to the ticket machine and they sent us to the cashier at the exit. She was great. They checked my number plate to see if they could find out on the computer when I came in but I think they were so busy they just charged me for what I said. I was honest!

We got onto the highway no problem. It was very very busy and a bit blustery. We got on to the Expressway and were travelling well until I saw some brake lights go on in front about four cars ahead and then slowly each car in front braked, really hard. I looked in my mirror and knew the car behind would not stop in time. I knew I wouldn't be able to stop in time before I hit the car in front. I braked hard, swerved to a stop in the hard shoulder and so did at least three out of five of the cars in front and behind. It was very scary. Who knows what would have happened if we were in the middle lanes! My guardian angel was definitely with me today. The kids moaned because they spilt their drink and they thought I would be cross. I explained to them that a spilt drink was nothing compared to what could have happened. Quick thinking on a number of people's part saved the day, thank goodness. PHEW!

We got home in fairly good time considering the traffic. Huffle was home. HB Skyped us. It's been ages since we spoke to her so it was nice to catch up. She has been on holiday after her exams and there was a lot of Uni news to catch up on.

The boys went to bed, telling Huffle about their swimming, their haircuts and about Moo getting to the airport.

While we were putting the boys to bed we had a visit from ClownRose who left me some flowers. Bless. We arranged to meet up on Thursday and have lunch. We haven't seen her for ages. They have been on holiday too.

Last night we had a visit from Mr Raccoon who decided it was time to start eating our Sweetcorn. Damn! It's nearly ready too. We looked up how to stop them and apparently we need an electric fence. Not going to happen. I was hoping a bit of chicken wire might be enough! Oh well, there's a vegetable we won't be growing next year!

 

2 comments:

Mary Ann Tate said...

The raccoons have been eating my tomatoes and digging up the iris bulbs and eating them too. My neighbour told me yesterday he saw two raccoons hanging from one of our bird feeders eating the sunflower seeds. Then we actually had one saunter down the driveway in full daylight which was odd as they are usually nocturnal. It then sat in our neighbours birdbath. The cheek!

famfa said...

Cheeky things the wildlife here! Got no chance have we?