Monday 9 July 2012

Please remember you are only five!

The washing machine people were due to ring today to tell us what time they would deliver the washer on Tuesday. By 4pm they hadn't rang. So I rang the depot and was told the shop hadn't dispatched it yet. So I rang the shop who said they don't despatch it, the delivery people do. I said that I had already spoken to five people and would not be ringing anyone else. They said they would sort it. They rang back and said that the delivery would not be Tuesday as planned but Wednesday (the day we planned to go to the zoo). I told her how upset I was due to the fact that we were promised Tuesday, we were without a washer, I had two children at home who did not want to sit around for three days waiting in for a washer. She said she was very sorry and would tell the delivery people to come when I wanted but on the Wednesday. I had no choice but to agree. However, the delivery people rang later with a pre recorded message to say they would be here with the washer on Tuesday Morning! I only hope they are now. I told the boys we wouldn't be going to the zoo and now I have told them we will!

Moo thought we should stay in today because of waiting for the phone call so after breakfast I left her and The kids playing and went to the recycling depot to swap our old broken compost bin for a new one that locked. I asked the lady's advice about where to keep it. Either the Raccoons get in it or the flies do! She said there was nowhere really. Some people freeze their compost until recycling day (bit extreme!). We are going to leave the bin outside and hope the raccoon cannot get in it!

It took me over an hour and by the time I got back it was almost lunchtime. We decided we were going in the pool so we had some lunch and then jumped in. It was cooler than usual. Very cloudy, in fact lots of black clouds. When we got out of the water it was cold. The sun kept popping out and when it did it was strong. The clouds got blacker and eventually we decided to go in, get showered and changed.

Small in the 'sin bin' whilst reciting his eleven times table
And then he was allowed to jump back in
Moo throwing Smallest in!
Moo jumped in but I missed it!
We played Deal Monopoly. The boys played on the computer and then I made Turkey Meatballs and we all had dinner together.

Huffle came home early as he wanted to take Small golfing. They were going to hire a golf cart and get round as quickly as possible.

The rain came down. Moo has spent the last four hours taking things off the line and putting them on again!

Moo, Smallest and I back washed the pool, filled it with water, broke the vacuum and added some chlorine to shock it. Maybe it will be clear tomorrow!

It rained again and we came in and played Dino Trumps and Monopoly Deal. We have to keep reminding Smallest that he is only five. The game is for 8+ and he plays better than us. He knows all the cards, he knows how to double the rent and add up and he is very very sneaky! He also keeps explaining the game to Moo, which is very funny!

Moo put him to bed and read him a story. He is back in his own bed and bedroom tonight and Moo is back in the loft. Nice and cool everywhere. Garden has been watered kindly by the rain.

I forgot to mention yesterday that we thought Murray had won Wimbledon. we were sitting eating our fish and Chips and the news came on saying something about Britain not winning for so many years and Small said, Murray has won! we cheered (DOH). When we got home, Drew was talking to Moo and she was talking about the tennis, we said, Oh yes we know, we won ha ha ha! She looked at us strangely as if we were mad! Probably thinks - silly English people - what do they know!

Had an email from Aunt Pear who says that she heard a report that Britain will get a frost - in July? WHAT? And then I spoke to Grandma this afternoon who said that she heard they were getting another months worth of rain! Honestly, the weather over there has gone CRAZY.

Poor little ice cream van waiting for customers!

Lots of umbrellas at Wimbledon!

My two favourites pics from the Telegraph today!

 

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hope the washing machine comes today so u can go to the zoo as planned. How did huffle and Small get on at golf? I hv in my first proper game today since September so that should b fun and guess what, it gives showers! Ps re tennis u got your Marrays mixed up with yr Murrays!

Sarah Tomson said...

Eeek it better not be frosty we are off on our hols this week and staying in this country! Already packing wellies can't be putting woolly jumpers in to!

Glad to see you are having some gorgeous weather and getting some use out of your pool (so jealous)

Hope your washing machine turns up soon.

Apologies for not getting round to playing the games as much at the minute I seem to have been really busy and Isabel is off school today off to the docs think tonsillitus is coming back again!!