Tuesday 10 July 2012

An evening out with my husband!

Huffle and Small had a lovely time golfing. They got a golf cart and Small got to drive it a bit. Small got to play three full holes and chipped and puttted his way round. There was water all around them. He loved it.

'fore'
In the night we heard the unmistakable noise of a new compost bin being crashed to the ground by a raccoon. Ha ha, he couldn't get in, even with his opposing thumbs. This morning Moo and I put the green bin in the plastic storage box. Surely he can't get in there?

Moo, Huffle and I spent ages last night trying to unhook the old washing machine but we couldn't find the valve to turn the water off at the hoses!

This morning Huffle had phoned the plumber asking him to call us. I got up intending to go to work (wanting to go to work). I had left a message with the Royals to ring me too. Mrs Royal rang and said that Mr Royal was on his way round to help if he could. He undid the hoses and we tried to drain them through the floor drain but there was too much water and it ended up running through the ceiling. It is still dripping now. Moo is catching it in a bucket with towels all over the floor.

The plumber came and put in two valves so we can turn the hoses off in future. The laundry room was a right mess. Moo and I decided to completely clean the room from top to bottom. It is sparkling now.

He also took the door off for us so that the delivery people could get the washer in!

We stayed in waiting for the bloomin' washing machine. We knew it wouldn't come. The boys wrote in their journals and filled in their summer Reading books and then went online and reviewed some books. When it got to 12:50, I sent the boys to get ready. I was fuming.

We went to the beach. The boys wanted to go to the same one that we went to the other day. We stopped for an ice cream on the way and drove to the beach trying to not let them melt! We bumped into Nan from the library who reminded us that Smallest had won a prize in the Summer Reading Challenge. Yaaay. He is pleased.

Now, last time we were on this beach, the boys played beautifully, they had fun, Moo and I relaxed. It was lovely - not this time! They were bored, they didn't know what to do. The sand wasn't right, it was too stoney, the stones weren't flat enough. They built a lovely castle but we had to help them and then they picked up lots of stones for us to take home, but we lost them!! Then I realised I had lost my keys. Moo and Small went looking for them and found them on the stones. Whoops.

This gull had a poorly leg and he got really close.
Huffle rang and said he had not had a good day. Moo suggested we should go out for the evening.

The boys found ants to play with on the beach (their choice not mine!) and they made a castle for them after I stopped them from burying them and putting stones on them!

Their castle
Pondering.
Moo and Small after they had found my keys!
Coming back from my car looking towards Moo and the lake
Small relaxes while Smallest buries his own legs

That English Lady relaxing

We stayed for about three hours and packed up and went home. The boys had a BBQ dinner and a game of football with Moo. Huffle and I went out.

We drove to Bowmanville. We ate at a pub. It was half price on all appetisers so of course we had a table full of appetisers. Stuffed mushrooms with spinach dip and cheese. Garlic bread and a trio of fries (lattice, sweet potato and normal). nice. I even had a beer. Then I was texting Mrs Burlington Bertie and not looking where I was walking. I walked into the Gents toilet! I followed Huffle there. He said he told me he was going but I never heard him. I blame Mrs BB!

We drove to an ice cream place (of course I didn't have one becuase I had already had one that day - oh what a lie!). And drove off to a nature walk.

I always wanted really long legs!

It was lovely. It was in Clarington. Paths, river, lakes, frogs, rabbits and I didn't get bitten. Ha, I am taking Vitamin B12 and so far (touch wood) Nothing! We walked as far as we could and then the flies started pestering us and a couple bit Huffle, so we came back.

A little baby rabbit. We watched it eating and tried to get closer but it ran away

Beautiful Echinacea on the walk

The water was still dripping. Small wasn't asleep. Smallest went off straight away. Moo had watered the garden and kept an eye on the moppings!!

Rudbeckia in our garden

Our first ever successful growing of a Delphinium. So far we have had no troubles with slugs or snails! Although something HAS nibbled my prize Mecanopsis (Blue Himalayan Poppy).

 

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Glad u had good evening out, just the 2 of u. How many times did u look round 2c if the boys were there? Loved the picture of Smallest 'pondering', the hands on hips make it. Hope washing machine turns up today, fingers xd. x

Mrs BB said...

Don't be blaming me missis for following hubby into the loo!!! Hope you get to go to the zoo tomorrow xx