Wednesday 18 July 2012

Swimming and Cycling

I had a lie in. Lovely. The boys and I had breakfast together. Seemed strange not to have Moo there. I had an email from her saying she was home safe and sound, her garden was wrecked from the rain and storm damage. I checked on our Sweetcorn - didn't seem to be any more damage.

Nice and warm but doesn't seem humid today. Small played on the computer while Smallest and I tidied the kitchen. Then we built a bit more of his Lego dinosaur. Then Smallest went on the computer and Small and I played three games of Deal Monopoly. He won 2-1. Jambob!

The boys wrote in their journals (reluctantly) whilst I wrote a letter. Small and I tested and filled the pool and cleared up the mess the raccoon had made the other night. We now have cucumbers growing - hopefully Mr Raccoon doesn't like salad as we also have a few peppers growing too.

The boys watched some TV and I got on with some jobs around the house and finished my crocheting.

We had some lunch and then all cycled to swimming. It was tough going but we got there eventually.

The swimming lessons were great. Small swam 50m and she seemed impressed but I know he can swim more than that. He thinks he has got his 150m badge and that he was working towards his higher badge. She seems to think he is on Level Five of the Red Cross programme. Whatever, he is doing well and enjoys it.

Smallest dived off the diving board into the deep end, which was spectacular considering he's only just learnt to jump into our small pool and it's only 4'. Well done Smallest. He also dived down for treasure which he hasn't been able to do before. He did a width of backstroke by himself and was just starting to do front crawl. impressive.

We had lollies and ice creams from the local shop and ate them in the community gardens.

Then we cycled home. Small just went all the way by himself. I got to cycle, stop, cycle, stop all the way home on the road, because Smallest kept falling off or deciding his legs wouldn't work or moaning. It wasn't a great journey. It was very hot.

When we got home Small was sitting on the front reading the newspaper waiting for us. He had been there for ages. Small went and played on the computer and Smallest played in his room. I got the dinner prepared.

They had their dinner outside and I sat and talked to them and then we played a game. Huffle came home and played street hockey, cricket and bowls with Smallest while Small and I went for a bike ride. I taught him road safety, bearing in mind the last time I did it, we rode on the other side of the road! He did okay, he is getting to grips with his gears better. Our bums are sore though!

When we got back they watched TV and I went and chatted with Mrs Royal. She was concerned about me after Moo went. I came home, kissed the boys and sat with my Huffle and watched TV and talked about our day.

 

 

No comments: