Monday 28 January 2013

All by ourselves

It had snowed in the night. The forecasts were snow, frozen rain, ice balls, more rain. Not the best day to visit Lake Scugog, as we decided last night whilst playing cards. Also not the best day for a trip to the airport.

View through our landing window

Our back garden from the Loft window

The school bus was cancelled (I found out after just getting out of the shower) so Aunty A walked Small to school. She said it was horrible on the way because it was a bit haily but okay on the way back.

I had a message from NoCustard asking if she wanted me to take AA to the airport as she was going at exactly the same time as us. Seeing as the weather wasn't great, there was no bus to bring Small home and I had Smallest with me too, we decided (AA and I) that that would be a good idea.

Moo skyped us and we had a good long chat.

Beds were stripped, many loads of washing were done, two games of Space Race, a game of scrabble, a game of Carcasonne. Lunch was eaten. Luggage was packed. TV watched. Beds were made. Baths and showers were had - all clean now!

AA writing in our Visitor Book

Then NoCustard and Umbrella arrived and whisked our Aunty A off to the airport. We had a lovely time and feel privileged that she wanted to spend her spare time with us, all the way over here. BYE BYE AA, WE WILL MISS YOU x

I taught Smallest how to put Pillow Cases on all the pillows. He has this funny thing that means he can't hold onto anything if he laughs. He gets that from Huffle. I wonder if it has a name.

Smallest and I walked to school to fetch Small. We had a few snowball fights.

.......and I took some lovely photos.

We picked up Small and walked back home. My foot was really hurting. The boys threw a lot of snowballs at me. We popped into The Royals to say thank you to NoCustard for taking AA to the airport. Then we came home and made tea.

Huffle came home and ate his Beef Soup that AA and I made - he said it was lovely and hearty. I made a quiche with yesterday's leftover veggies. Yum. I took Smallest to Beavers where they are painting and decorating their float for the Carnival, then I took Small to Indoor Football. All the water that has fallen is now turning to ice and the roads are really slippy. The car parks are treacherous. I nearly fell over many times. Huffle and I played Table Tennis. I very nearly won several times but just not quite. Huffle went and picked the boys up from their clubs.

The boys had a great time. They went to bed and Huffle and I sat and watched Honey Boo Boo with a lovely cup of tea and a decadent!

Forgot to say HAPPY ANNIVERSARY (42 years) TO GRANDMA AND GRANDAD for yesterday. X

 

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Wonderful photos, how quickly has AA's visit gone. Sounded great. At least you finally got the snow you wanted. I off to work, yuk, not my thing any more but this time I'm taking no prisoners, not quite so polite! Any news on Huffle? Oops, i also forgot G&G's anniversary, 42 years of wedded bliss. x

AA said...

Can't believe I missed Honey Boo Boo!!

Thank you all again for a lovely lovely time.

xxx

famfa said...

You would have hated honey boo boo as it was particularly bad!! See you soon x

famfa said...

Her visit went quick but enjoyable. No news - huffle - doc wants to discuss results with blood test - may take another week. Don't work too hard x